Finally!! My Tooley MBR will be here soon!!!

wildcat

Hey everyone, well, my Tooley MBR stock will be here on Thursday. It took 24 weeks of waiting, however, it was worth the wait. McMillan stocks are awesome, especially the Tooley MBR. I would also like to give HEATHER, of McMillan, a complement for her customer service. I called many times asking about my stock, and she was very helpful every single time. When I left messages, she got back to me ASAP. Once again, thanks Heather of McMillan.

The Tooley MBR is a great stock for long range varminting, and 1000 yard competition. I have used the McMillan A-4, A-5 and Tooley MBR. The A-4 and A-5 are great stocks for long range varminting, however, the Tooley MBR seems to be more stable for long range work. The Tooley MBR is very stable and rides very well on bages. It is very stable if you shoot with a bi-pod of the ground or off the bench.

I had this stock made with 5 pounds of lead added to the rear of stock and added a removable stud. The removable stud will allow me to remove the stud for bench work and also install the stud for bi-pod use. I added the weight because it will balance this rifle perfectly. It's going to be a heavy project used for long range varminting. Here are the specs for those who have not seen them; I apologize to those who have seen them for the millionth time.

1. 6x284 with .272 tight neck with Match chamber.
2. Nesika Model L, 1.70 Diameter.
3. Krieger, 30", 1-8.5 twist, 1.450 straight taper,
4. McMillan Tooley MBR.
5. Jewel 2oz trigger.
6. Vias muzzle brake.
7. Davidson 20MOA scope base.
8. Kelby 30mm rings
9. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS with NP-R2 Ret.
10. Weight will be 33 pounds with scope.

As you can see, the extra weight in the rear will really ballance this baby out just right. The color of the stock is 80% Black, 20% White, 10% Grey. The Medel will all be polished so it should look really nice. I haven't thought of a name for her yet, but I am working on that as we speak.

I am thinking she will be completed by December of 2007. I will be ready for the 2008 varmint season. I missed all of the 2007 season because I had to sell all of my rifles this year. However, I was able to start collecting the parts for this baby. It's taken about a year to collect and fund the project. It's going to be an awesome rifle.

I am going to buy a nice Savage 12BVSS in 204 or 223 for the 100 to 400 yard shots, so I can give this baby a rest when out in the varmint towns. I know the 6x284 can be rough on the barrels, but I wanted the ultimate long range varmint caliber and the 6x284 is the king in my book when it comes to speed and accuracy combined.

The 6x284 will push the 87grn V-Max with a BC of .400 at over 3700fps in a 30" pipe. My last 6x284 pushed the 87grn V-Max at 3730fps, it was an awesome combo for long range varminting. It is absolutley amazing when this bullet impacts on varmints. Talk about red mist, the 87grn V-Max destroys varmints like no other bullet I have ever seen, even when pushed at slower speeds. It also performes very well in the wind, I would highly recommend this bullet for varminting if you use any of the 6mm's. The load I used was as follows;

1. Lapua brass
2. 52.5grns H4350
3. Federal 210 Match primers
4. 87grn V-Max
5. 3730fps out of my 30" barrel
6. Two 3 shot groups at 100 yards measured in the .1's. It's very fast and deadly accurate.
7. ****REMEBER, work up to this load. This load was shot with a custom action. Custom actions can withstand more pressure than the other actions.

Anyhow, the Stock should be here by Thursday. I will post some pics for those who interested in seeing the color cofiguration. I saw a rifle with the same color scheme on this site that gave me the idea, it looked awesome.

Wildcat

Wildcat that stock combo sounds very nice. I was thinking of ordering a Tooley with almost the same pattern and cant wait to see the pics.

Mayhem

Mayhame,

The stock looks awesome. I highly recommend it for your project. I am trying to figure out how to post pics on this new site. As soon as I figure it out, I will post some.

Wildcat

Sweet as im going to have Kirby build me a 375 AM when bullets are ready!! Im getting ready to give BAT my money for a 1.55" action and am trying to choose a stock. Thanks again.

Mayhem

Mayhem,

I don't know when I am going to get this picture up. I will try soon. Trust me the stock looks really good if all your medal is going to be left stainless. Once again, I will try to post pics soon.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.