My first long range rifle build, wanting suggestions

maninthemaze

Hello. I have been lurking on this site for quite a while. The time has finally come for me to purchase a new hunting rifle, so I might as well get the most I can afford. I live in KY so my longest shots won't be anywhere near the range that you guys shoot at. I hope to be traveling out west sometime in the near future for mulies, pronghorn and maybe even elk. Anyways, my current deer rifle is a hand-me-down 8mm mauser, that even with hand loads can only get 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards. My 8mm works fine here in KY but just won't cut it out west.

So here's what I've ordered or acquired so far.
Stiller Tac 300
Krieger #7 barrel chambered in 7wsm
Timney Calvin Elite trigger
Manners T2A stock
Vortex Viper FFP 6x24x50 scope.

Dixie Precision is going to sell me the barreled action and I will pillar bed the action to the stock. I plan on shooting the Berger 168 grain vld hunting bullets.

Anyways, if anyone has any pointers or maybe some advice on the items purchased, feel free to comment. Any and all comments and critics are welcome.

Thanks in advance !!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.