my browning

browningvarmintwssm

here's my browning varmint 243 wssm with a nikon monarch 6.5-20x44AO. it's pretty much stock... but i have a badger bolt knob that i need to have put on, and i wish h&s would make a stock for browning... but until then here it is

001.jpg

here's what i get at 100yds with my handloads

009.jpg

thanks for looking

That's a good lookin' rig and a nice shooter. From what range is that group? 100 yards? 200 yards? more? Is that factory ammo or handloads?

Also, I'm fairly new to this forum but after reading for a while, the conventional wisdom on rifle 'brands' seems to be remington, savage and custom. What lead you to choose a Browning?

it was shot at 100yds off a bipod. i'm using handloads, 87gr hornady hpbt with 40gr of imr 4831, it's a great long range deer/predator load.

uhm i just liked the browning, i had went there intending to buy a remington vls 243, but i picked up the browning and just fell in love with it. plus it comes from the factory with glass bedding, free floated barrel, adjustable trigger (which is great), and i like the palm swell in the stock, which also has the dura coat finish.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.