my browning

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by browningvarmintwssm, Feb 13, 2008.

1. browningvarmintwssm

browningvarmintwssm Active Member

here's my browning varmint 243 wssm with a nikon monarch 6.5-20x44AO. it's pretty much stock... but i have a badger bolt knob that i need to have put on, and i wish h&s would make a stock for browning... but until then here it is

[​IMG]

here's what i get at 100yds with my handloads

[​IMG]

thanks for looking

2. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Ouch. Thats a heck of a good group. Nice rifle too.

3. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

That's a good lookin' rig and a nice shooter. From what range is that group? 100 yards? 200 yards? more? Is that factory ammo or handloads?

Also, I'm fairly new to this forum but after reading for a while, the conventional wisdom on rifle 'brands' seems to be remington, savage and custom. What lead you to choose a Browning?

4. browningvarmintwssm

browningvarmintwssm Active Member

it was shot at 100yds off a bipod. i'm using handloads, 87gr hornady hpbt with 40gr of imr 4831, it's a great long range deer/predator load.

uhm i just liked the browning, i had went there intending to buy a remington vls 243, but i picked up the browning and just fell in love with it. plus it comes from the factory with glass bedding, free floated barrel, adjustable trigger (which is great), and i like the palm swell in the stock, which also has the dura coat finish.