My latest

406pat

Just finished this one up last night. It's a .260 Remington on an old Turk Mauser Action. Stock is actually laminated plywood that I made and coated with automotive autobody paint. Barrel is E.R. Shaw. Bottom metal I made out of aluminum stock and it accepts M1A magazines. Scope is a cheap BSA placeholder that I'm going to use until I can get some better glass on there.

Can't wait to see how she shoots!

First before;

P1010481-1.jpg

P1010482-1.jpg

And after;

P1020107.jpg

P1020109.jpg

P1020108.jpg

P1020110.jpg

Been working on this one since about the start of January, about 8 months.

Thanks All!

-PJS

Since I like military firearms in their original configuration, I don't know whether to say that that is a neat transformation or to say Noooooooo!!!

On a separate note, how well does it shoot?

Thanks all for the kind words! This has been a long project and it feels good to have something that I can shoot at the end of it!

94 Win. I have to make a disclaimer that no original arms were harmed in the making of this rifle :). I too am a big fan of military rifles in their original configuration. This one had not a single part that was matching and the barrel was badly pitted and the stock had been sanded by someone in a poor attempt at refinishing. I rescued this rifle from the "for sale" rack for $89.00 and did a thorough background check before I even considered a mod on it.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I'm hoping to maybe get out Sunday but will definitely be out sometime next week.

Winmag. To be fair, the only things that weren't modified on this rifle were the firing pin and the ejector. I did work on the receiver and bolt body and that rounds out the original parts.

Roy. I can't believe how it came out and I can't express how good it made me feel! Never expected it to be near that good:D

Thanks all for the kind words! This has been a long project and it feels good to have something that I can shoot at the end of it!

94 Win. I have to make a disclaimer that no original arms were harmed in the making of this rifle :). I too am a big fan of military rifles in their original configuration. This one had not a single part that was matching and the barrel was badly pitted and the stock had been sanded by someone in a poor attempt at refinishing. I rescued this rifle from the "for sale" rack for $89.00 and did a thorough background check before I even considered a mod on it.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I'm hoping to maybe get out Sunday but will definitely be out sometime next week.

Winmag. To be fair, the only things that weren't modified on this rifle were the firing pin and the ejector. I did work on the receiver and bolt body and that rounds out the original parts.

Roy. I can't believe how it came out and I can't express how good it made me feel! Never expected it to be near that good:D

My hat's off to ya. That ol rifle took on a whole new attitude with its face lift.
No more '' I think I can, I think I can'' now it looks more like ''Try and stop me!'' Pretty cool man.
I like most rifles in theyre origional condition as well. But when one wont shoot accurately any longer, its time to go at it like that squirl from the ice age movie franticly goes after that nut:D I think his name was Scrat. Hmm, nick name?
NO OFFENCE MEANT at all. Im just playin with the nick name thing. Seeing the total and complete transformation of a rifle like that just made me think of someone working feverishly on thier passion. (like Scrat in the Ice age movie) And it rhymes with 406pat...........

406pat,

Your work is inspiring. It shows what a fella can do when he wants too. The satisfaction has gotta be priceless.

However.......you choice of stock material has winmag lookin' at his wife's cupboard doors with a glint of an idea in his eyes.:D

406pat,

Your work is inspiring. It shows what a fella can do when he wants too. The satisfaction has gotta be priceless.

However.......you choice of stock material has winmag lookin' at his wife's cupboard doors with a glint of an idea in his eyes.:D

Dang Roy, you read my mind! Im in the proscess of deciding between the Oak in the kitchen, or the Knotty Alder in the bathroom........ Smart Alec:D

WOW,
That is not only a face lift. That is a face list, liposuction, Botox, and mammary augmentation all in one!!!
Congrats, what a difference!!!
Keep us posted on the shooting results.

Talk about before and after...very nice, quite the transformation. Enjoy.

Having some scope base troubles right now. The rear hole stripped out when I checked to make sure it was tight. I'm going to redrill and tap it but with a #8 this time rather than the #6 it came with. The two #6s in front seem fine so far. Also ordered a Bushnell 3200 10x with 1/10 mil clicks from Midway. Hope it will be here this week!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts