My brother's new 300WSM

veezer

My brother had an old 300 ultra mag and really didnt like the pounding recoil, especially now that he is having shoulder issues so I rounded up some parts and sent it off for a rebuild.

Rem 700 LA
Manners MCS-T stock
PTG bottom metal
Timney trigger
Kreiger #4
The guys at Predator Custom in Knoxville put it together for us.
Vortex viper 6-20
I cerakoted all the metal parts in my shop and did the Mountain Viper Camo treatment on the stock for him.

We haven't had a lot of time to shoot it, but a few weeks ago we went out and he was very happy with it. He shot a 1/2' group at 200 and we rang steel all the way out to 900 yards with it. Needless to say, he is pretty happy with it. In October it is going on its first trip to CO to hunt elk.

custom.jpg

Here is it's big brother (my rifle I had built last year).
IMG_2908b.jpg

that stock is awesome!!!
how did you do it like that?
it looks like a wild dog stock from australia that costs $1000

excellant job on an awesome weapon!!!gun)

Stocks on both rifles are simply badass! Give us the specs on the 'big brother' too. And post the pics and/or video of how you painted those stocks. (I'm sure you have pics and/or videos)

My rifle is a Stiller TAC300 with a Kreiger #6 chambered in 300WSM, Manners MCS-T stock, and PTG bottom metal built by LongShot rifles. Last year, on its maiden CO trip, a friend of mine used it to fill his bull tag with a 508 yard shot. The longest shot he had ever taken. Dropped him in one shot.

The paint job is sort of my signature pattern that I came up with last year. I cant give away all my secrets but I use hand cut stencils to get the main pattern and then airbrush stencils to make the smaller patterns.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.