My 7WSM

Lucas,

I've praised your rifles over on SC before, but they continue to impress, so I'll have to say it again - darn nice rifles and wise choice of components in terms of value. I also really enjoyed the video (that was new - had never seen it before - great job on that too). And the pictures of your son shooting and generally having a great time with dad are priceless. Love to see a family out enjoying such a great sport together. Wife and I shoot together all the time, and we are slowing introducing our six-year-old daughter into the sport like we did with the rest of kids. Good stuff there Lucas.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad to hear you're getting your family involved, it's very commendable. I'm such a big fan of this WSM that I'm thinking about building another on a remington action (my favorite) for competition, and plinking etc.

Can you share any info on the donar action and magazine? I guessing the long action would be a better choice being able to seat the long bullets out close to the lands.
Is it a center or staggered feed mag?
Any feeding issues?
I've got several long action's on hand and am looking at building a WSM on one.

It's a long action (origionally 110fp 7mm mag). It's a blind mag, stagger feed, and I've done a litte modification. Feeding is not ideal (as with most WSM's) but it will feed with two in the clip just fine. If I put any more than that it won't work. The round will just pop right out and on to the ground. I plan to build another 7wsm on a Remington action with the Seekins mag that guys are using to feed the Edge and RUM's etc. If perfect feeding is your goal this may be the way to go.

Building off of savage actions allows you to experiment with different cartridges and figure out exactly what you want without spending rediculous amounts of money. The 7WSM is a winner of a cartridge. I imagine the 300WSM would be a great round as well.

Nice rifle Lucas. I see you are in Everett, I am too, Silver Lk area. I am a member of Marysville Rifle Club (limited to 200yds) and I have been wanting to find a place in the hills to do some LR target practice. If you do not mind me asking I am curious where you are going? PM me if you do not want to broadcast to all.

I am getting ready to send my Rem M700 LH VS (currently in 223) to Shawn and have him do his majic and turn it into a 7mm WSM.

Have you crono'd your loads in the 7 WSM?

Once again, Very nice job on that rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.