My 3 Lilja Barrels by Kirby have Copper fouling problems

ricka0

I'm working on some tests on copper cleaning solutions. I'll be testing 26 &amp; 22 deg baume Ammonia, coppermelt (if I can get some), <font color="red"> Montana X-treme BMG 50 </font> and wipeout.
The problem is, my 3 Kirby/Lilja guns have very little copper fouling. My three 50 BMGs foul very quickly, but it's a 90 minute drive each way to the range. I can shoot my other guns just down the street.
What can I do to increase copper fouling? I've heard barnes bullets are the best for cu fouling. I've been shooting Nosler BT, Accubond, MK, and Lapua SCENAR
If anyone knows where I can get copperMelt please ping me offline.

big bore,
what a problem you have.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif yeah of the bullets I've shot, the Barnes are the best foulers. Get the reg barnes x though. good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
I can shoot my other guns just down the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that a couple of times but the guy who's house is down where the street makes a turn got grumpy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have the same problem with fouling, love it.

Try something in Hornady interlock, those foul the most for me in my Lilja bbl 270 win.

Worth a try.....maybe?

Don't forget LostRiver! If you can get some for free (I'm not suggesting buying any) they will certainly foul up your barrel (maybe even ruin it for you).

[ QUOTE ]
This is a dumb rookie question. Why do you want more copper fouling?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's testing copper cleaning products to find out which one works best.

I've found that light bullets driven at extreeme speeds out of barrel made to stablize the heavy long bullets really copper fouls a barrel fast.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.