Copper fouling

As I have NO experience with using CLR to clean guns i would recommend if you are going to use it on a non-stainless firearm to first take a piece steel and do a test application to see if it causes the steel to rust.
I watched a video by Eric Cortina AKA Speedy Gonzalez and he showed CLR didn't harm his stainless steel muzzlel bake, but I have no idea if it will harm chrome molly steel.

Possibly others here who have used CLR to clean chrome molly guns can add their experiences about if CLR is safe or not.
One More Time, Eric Cortina is not Speedy Gonzalez, Speedy is one of the finest Gunsmiths in the nation as well as a competitive shooter and the list goes on He is the "S" in Redding "S Type" Dies , As for the CLR it has already been pointed out what it will do to bluing #19 and steel rust's on it's own left unattended

Last edited:
One More Time, Eric Cortina is not Speedy Gonzalez, Speedy is one of the finest Gunsmiths in the nation as well as a competitive shooter and the list goes on He is the "S" in Redding "S Type" Dies , As for the CLR it has already been pointed out what it will do to bluing #19 and steel rust's on it's own left unattended

I beg do differ as the ONLY reason I refer to Mr. Eric Cortina as "Speedy Gonzales" is because Eric Cortina himself does as I have heard him do in more than a few of his YouTube videos.
I would imagine there are more than a few men of Hispanic decent who have adopted that moniker as I grew up and was great friends with a guy who just also happened to be of Hispanic decent who's own dad gave him that nick name due to his baseball track abilities

I beg do differ as the ONLY reason I refer to Mr. Eric Cortina as "Speedy Gonzales" is because Eric Cortina himself does as I have heard him do in more than a few of his YouTube videos.
I would imagine there are more than a few men of Hispanic decent who have adopted that moniker as I grew up and was great friends with a guy who just also happened to be of Hispanic decent who's own dad gave him that nick name due to his baseball track abilities
I heard someone say once "If his brains were lard he wouldn't grease a very big pan, Just sayin

@DartonJager click on this link and read, It's self explanatory

Screenshot (3).png

I bet you have them propped up on display right next to your A&D
Oh but you silly mad impetuous boy only those who's homes come complete with wheels own A&D scales.
If you MUST know..............

I for one display my Nickle plated Tipton bore jags on top of a pedestal made from the finest Italian marble mined from the same quarry as the marble DaVinci used to make the Peata next to my Promethius Gen II powder dispenser.
Now if you will excuse me I'm going to enjoy my nightly class of 30 year old Glenfiddich on ice.

Oh but you silly mad impetuous boy only those who's homes come complete with wheels own A&D scales.
If you MUST know..............

I for one display my Nickle plated Tipton bore jags on top of a pedestal made from the finest Italian marble mined from the same quarry as the marble DaVinci used to make the Peata next to my Promethius Gen II powder dispenser.
Now if you will excuse me I'm going to enjoy my nightly class of 30 year old Glenfiddich on ice.
You've been pondering on this all day and that's all that you came up with ?

Don't flatter yourself my good sir I required not any more time needed than was necessary to type the response.
I ponder a great many things but sophmorish inconsequential comments by thin skinned truculent minor league internet trolls I doth not.
What say you we agree to disagree and disengage any farther correspondence

Don't flatter yourself my good sir I required not any more time needed than was necessary to type the response.
I ponder a great many things but sophmorish inconsequential comments by thin skinned truculent minor league internet trolls I doth not.
What say you we agree to disagree and disengage any farther correspondence
I'm no troll Neighbor, I'm just stating facts, You the one slinging all mud

Just to be clear, CLR removes rust, it does not cause rust.
I do not know why, but in the US CLR is green and here in Australia it is clear.
I have been using it to clean cylinder head combustion chambers for years and it does nothing to hardened steel valve seats other than removing carbon.
Anyway, I use it in my CM rifles with no issues. Just keep it away from painted stocks, it may melt the paint.

Cheers.