Mule Tape Pully/Block

Reelamin

I searched with no results for my question. Big Game is over for the year so time to work on new lessons learned. We had an instance where if we had longer Mule Tape we could have drug a buck up to an old fire road. It would have required a few Pullys/Snatch blocks to keep the mule tape from dragging against rocks, ground, etc. Looking at my gear all my pulleys/blocks have fairly shallow wheels with gaps on the sides. Mule tape would jam up between the pully and frame if not pulled perfectly centered. Also I use mine for pulling trees out and the size weight is prohibitive. Anyone use a pulley with Mule tape with very tight edge gap so tape would stay on the wheel? Brands models would be awesome.

Definitely following this. A few years back we were about to help another hunter haul a muley buck up about a quarter mile to a road. A local fella drives up on a side by side with a huge role of mule tape and offered a better solution. He had an attachment that mounted on his rear wheel like a bush winch/capstan winch and pulleyed off the hitch ball of a truck. It hauled that deer up like nothing in just a matter of minutes…I want one!😂

Mule tape, saw it at home depot
Lots of places have it. Suggest made in USA if you can find some. If you know a PUD lineman they use it once or maybe twice and throw it away. The ones I talked to just laughed and said oh yeah it gets grabbed by the senior guys so fast it might take a year to get some. The short piece we have was given to us by a friend who got is off Amazon and he told me USA made only. I just ordered 1000' of 2500lb off amazon $105 to my door. I just don't have a lot of options so I can look at in person pulleys/blocks within several hours drive.

Something like this should get the job done. Light and cheap.
Screenshot_20231119_092111_Chrome.jpg