Moving to America

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jericho, Mar 17, 2009.

1. jericho

jericho Well-Known Member

Well..I got issued my immigrant visa(Green card) for the USA last week. Move to US on April 11. Looking forward to it.Will be nice to live in a country that hopefully is a little safer than my crime riddled home- country.

2. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Where are you coming from and where are you going to in the US? What kind of profession?

3. jericho

Hi there.
    Coming from South Africa. Probably moving to NY as I am in the photography business(I assist photographers). My in-laws are in Connecticut, so ultimately will look at bottom of CT so I can access NY easier.

4. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Glad you got your green card. I've never been to SA but have some friends that were living there until their work took them to Mozambique. I wish you success in your move.

5. glockman55

glockman55 Well-Known Member

Good for you. We have a lot of beautiful country to see. It usually takes a life time to see it all. Good Luck

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRH and the USA. Hope you share some of your work of art soon. Enjoy!

Ed

7. jericho

Thank you all for the welcoming words. I cant wait.

8. ebd10

ebd10 Well-Known Member

Bring all of your friends and relatives. Bring all of those from Rhodesia too (I won't dignify the current state of tyranny by calling it 'Zimbabwe')! We can use as many productive immigrants as we can get, especially those that hunt and shoot!

9. jericho

WOW! I am still so encouraged by the warm welcomes I am getting. Its always scary leaving your home country ,but this is very encouraging. Thank you.