Mountain man shooting competition

one crazy kid

I just got back from a frontiersman shooting competition were I took second place. we were shooting at 100 yds with patch and ball.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• gun 006.jpg
    gun 006.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 107
  • gun 007.jpg
    gun 007.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 91
  • gun 001.jpg
    gun 001.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 34
We used to have a group from church that got together a couple times a year to burn some black powder. What Fun! We shot all types of targets, cutting a playing card in two, shooting the flame off of a paper candle, splitting a ball on a double bit axe and hitting two clay pigeons, cutting a 2x4 board in two (team relay shooting) and others. We didn't keep any kind of score but we didn't have much mercy on a missed shot either! Unfortunately most have either moved on or passed on and I miss the fun we had. About the only target that was even close to "long range" was a gong at 80 yards, but trying to guess where the edge of a playing card was at 10 or 15 yards was long enough for most of us.

I have been doing shooting flintlock muzzleloaders for a lot of years. I am the head of the oldest muzzleloaders club in the country. There are a few of our members that are still with us that started dressing out in our frountier outfits in the early 60s and started Buckskinning.
Our club is Called the Widowmakers. Because of what a london News Paper wrote about the Longhunters back in 1775. Our web site is The Widowmakers Check us out if you like. Whip
"These ... shirt-tail men, with their cursed twisted guns, the most fatal widow and orphan makers in the world."
- London Newspaper, 1775.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.