Most popular powder for 300 RUM w/190 to 210gr bullets

EZShooter

Continuing on with my series of comment polls, here is one questioning which is your favorite powder for the 300 RUM, specifically for the 190 to 210 gr bullets. I have noticed several threads with 300 RUM loads, powders, bullets, etc. I would like to get some data from everyone regarding their favorite powder for this bullet range. Thanks in advance for your responses!

BJ,

I really do love the Leica! Thanks for the great deal - I have followed several of your LRF threads, and can see your points previously made - I have done some ranging in my suburban area, and under optimum conditions, on large objects, it is as advertised and more. Now when I do get that invite to go p-dog shooting with you sometime (hint), I am sure your comments on the Swaro will ring true, you will show me up... but as a novice, for me, out to 800 yds, it is perfect. All of my opportunities to hunt have been on medium to large game... ala your previous posts on this subject - Leica vs. Swaro.

To All - long time members already know this, but Bill Bailey is a stand up guy, took some time to discuss things with me on the phone, and shipped product same day at great price! A++++ would recommend to anyone!

My poll is to gather data from all sorts of members in one area - I have seen lots of threads, but no polls on the best 300 RUM powder, bullets, seating dies etc. Hopefully this gets a lot of response and can be useful to a lot of members for at least figuring out what is the most popular, used, etc. A LOT of our members are very knowledgeable, and have good experience for these questions. Hopefully this helps everyone (at least the future 300 RUM guys like me!). Now, if Jim Borden can get me that bbled action on time (good guy, took some time to talk to me on the phone as well), I will be up and running by early August on my 300!

EZ

Thanks for the post and reply.

I would like to see any members comment on any powders I missed in the poll, so the more the merrier.

EZ

My vote goes for H-1000. For the first 700 or so rounds of my barrel, I got great accuracy and velocity from bullet weights of 150g-220g. Lately, I have been experimenting with Retumbo though, its also proving very accurate and fast as well. Its a toss up, but I shot all my .5 MOA groups at LR with H-1000, so thats my vote.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts