Most accurare 300 win mag stock rifle

Mudrunner, I don't know about you but as far as I'm concerned Remington had their chance with me and a lot of other people. I'll never buy a "NEW" Remington.... It wasn't until sales dropped way off after they purchased Marlin firearms that they got their s&%t together and now from what I hear the quality is a little better. Maybe, that's what should happen to all Remington firearms, have the sales drop way off, people stop buying Remington and then just maybe they'll get their s&it together and make the quality firearms they once did.

I dont remember seeing any 5r in Norway, so that can be difficult to get a hold of.
I do like my 700SA, but thats after some uppgrades, did not like the accuracy out of the box, dont se myself going down that road again...
If i dont get a cheap used 300 win mag with somw barrel left, im going for the Tikka. Withe the chassi system I think thats going to be a exelent gun. Lightweight with original stock, and a good a nice rangegun with the chassis.
The blasers i dont like so much, and the chassis possibility is no existent. If im just looking for huntingrifle thr Blazer r8 would be ok.

I shoot better with a pistol grip, or a grip like on the sauer 200 str. The tradisional hunting grip dont give me as much controll on the range stabalising my gun. Thats why I want a Chassi for the range. Im thinking about a gun without scope around 5kg. Im a big guy so one kg give or take dont effect the hunting so much, but give me ekstra stability in the shot.
Its a minus that the Savage have a hinged floorplate for me.
The tikka starting to look real good:)

I shoot better with a pistol grip, or a grip like on the sauer 200 str. The tradisional hunting grip dont give me as much controll on the range stabalising my gun. Thats why I want a Chassi for the range. Im thinking about a gun without scope around 5kg. Im a big guy so one kg give or take dont effect the hunting so much, but give me ekstra stability in the shot.
Its a minus that the Savage have a hinged floorplate for me.
The tikka starting to look real good:)

Savage 110 BA (Law Enforcement Series).

Mudrunner, I don't know about you but as far as I'm concerned Remington had their chance with me and a lot of other people. I'll never buy a "NEW" Remington.... It wasn't until sales dropped way off after they purchased Marlin firearms that they got their s&%t together and now from what I hear the quality is a little better. Maybe, that's what should happen to all Remington firearms, have the sales drop way off, people stop buying Remington and then just maybe they'll get their s&it together and make the quality firearms they once did.

Funny how its always just "remington", never stating which model nor what the issue was. When you buy a $400/rifle, expect $400 performance. In that price range, yes there are better options than remington, but open your wallet a little bit and you may actually walk away w/ a nice piece.

IMO all aspects of accuracy being equal I'll take the remington all day over a savage's pressed steel parts and jank stocks.

Funny how its always just "remington", never stating which model nor what the issue was. When you buy a $400/rifle, expect $400 performance. In that price range, yes there are better options than remington, but open your wallet a little bit and you may actually walk away w/ a nice piece.

IMO all aspects of accuracy being equal I'll take the remington all day over a savage's pressed steel parts and jank stocks.

Agreed. Entry, and even mid-grade rifles with sporter barrels and janky factory plastic stocks are not a way, IMO, to judge a brand. Look at all aspects of what they have to offer. Personally, I've never seen a Sendero or 5R that wouldn't shoot 1/2" or better with handloads. Not saying lemons aren't out there, but I have never personally seen one of those 2 models that wouldn't shoot.

Its funny now that I think about it. Whenever I said I'm shooting a savage I always follow up w/ something positive about it.. it shoots this good, or I got it cheap.....

When I mention any other brand I just say tikka, remington, stiller. Funny how that works.

mudrunner is right. u pay for quality. I have a rem SPS in 223. shoot bugholes.

rem's r very good actions, and some stocks and some barrels. little doctoring

and bingo a real shooter. sako's r hard for fine parts for. the old ones. the old

Winchesters, old rugers, Wbee's r all good actions. rem has the 721, 722, M40,M788

700. how many others have that many actions to work to perfection. last word

a M788 rem. cost $78.00 back in the day. advertisied as the fastest firing

pin to primer time. why because of heart beat timing and breathing. I have one in

223AI. very very accurate. cost of rifle $250, stock $120 and timmey trigger $100

put bird shot in bedding to add weight and rigidity. rifle came with a #6

straight contour SS barrel. 28" barrel .gun)

OH do not buy anymore rem.'s other people will.

best stock in have found for a rem 700 300wm is a H&S bench-tactical. very good

stock. just me.

Sauer- no one here has experience with the super varmint ., we feel deprived. if the Remington 700 sender0 is available you will like it.

Funny, about every post about Rems, is new trigger, new barrel,new stock, fix this, tinker with that, recrown the barrel and the list just keeps going on and on and on with new Rems. But hey, by the time your done your gun will shoot bug holes! LOL Just buy a Savage with its pressed steel parts and shoot bug holes without all the extra cost. Or buy a Rem and go through the B.S.. the choice is yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.