More Muzzle brake questions

Tikkamike

Ok I have it narrowed down to 3 brakes I think. the Musclae brake with the flat top and bottom. the Defensive Edge Brake and the 1.25 brake by Ross Schuler. I really like the round brake that has the top and bottom machined flat. Does anyone know if the DE brake or the schuler brake can be machined to be flat on top like the muscle brake? (BTW the kirby brake is a little too wide and flat for what I like) I guess if they can not be machined because the ports are too tall I will be going with the muscle brake. Unless someone knows of one like it that I dont know about.

Since you like the top to be flat, have you considered Nate's X-treme brake ...

brake1.jpg

Straight Shot Gunsmithing

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
You could always borrow your dads ''beer can' off of his big 50, and return it later, a bit lighter.............:D

If you go with the Muscle Brake you won't be disappointed. I have a CSR brake on my custom rifle and I love it. My next custom will have a Muscle Brake without a doubt. If only choosing which cartridge was as easy as choosing which brake. :rolleyes: Besides, Jim is a great guy to do business with.

Haha winmag I could do that I guess. I will need a bushing to make it fit though.
Youd better eat your Wheaties:D. He's liable to use you as a(front fender) hood ornament on his next chopper if you get caught:D. Or worse yet youll get voted to be the forward observer -in shifting full value winds- on his speed goat hunt......hahahahahahahahaha

Just email Kirby. He has reduced the width on his PK's at his customer's request several times. It's not at all uncommon, fits saddle scabbards better.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts