Modular Stocks??? I need some input.

R.C.Saul

Im interested in putting a modular stock on a rem 700. I like the folding aspect, and the pistol grip alot. Does anyone have a JP AMCS, Eberlestock, McRee, XLR, or something simular? I need some pros & cons along with how the ergonomics fit everything from varmint to big game hunting.

I don't own any of them. But I really like the options for the XLR and its design. I'm leaning that way heavily for a future build. The down side to any of the metal frames will be a heat conductor in the summer, and a cold sink in the winter. They are generally heavier compared to a hunting stock. Rigidity will be the big bonus and being able to customize your grips and accessories.

I really want to see one of these stocks in person before I commit to buying. Anyone have or know where I might see one of these stocks near west Texas? I decided it will go on a remington 700. 243 for now. Should be good for practicing lr, mid size game, or busting coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.