Modern Crossbow vs. Modern Armor

Discussion in 'PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum' started by TWANGnBANG, May 7, 2013.

1. TWANGnBANG

TWANGnBANG Member

The advent of the crossbow was bad news for wearers of soft body armor of the day (leather and chain mail armor). I wanted to see if the advances in crossbows (e.g., the TAC 15) have kept up with the advances in soft body armor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nLRymWv-CA]Modern Crossbow vs. Modern Body Armor! Tactical Assault Crossbow and Level IIIA Panel - YouTube[/ame]

2. chiefmoose

chiefmoose Member

If the liberals see this video, the tac15, along with most other crossbows will become class III weapons.

3. bulkness

bulkness Well-Known Member

Did you happen to try this with a vertical bow? I would thing you would get the same results just not the same level of penetration.

4. TWANGnBANG

TWANGnBANG Member

The same would happen with a stick bow and a cut-on-contact broadhead. Level IIIA soft armor does not stop blades at all.

This video was more of a "Mail Call" type video, bringing a historical comparison to modern times.

5. Twanger

Twanger Well-Known Member

Just about any of the mild rifle hunting rounds will penetrate a IIIA vest... 30-30, 7mm-08, etc.
    Must modern muzzleloaders will too.