Crossbow Forum

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting (Not PSE)' started by deadend, Aug 25, 2010.

1. deadend

deadend Active Member

It would be nice to have a separate forum for crossbows.There is much interest out here in xbows. Just my two.

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I am thinking seriously about it.

3. knc1105

knc1105 Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite sites with very experienced people ready to help. I just bought a Barnett Quad 400 and looked at other sites and they have no activity. I went to one and the first forum page had stuff that was a year old on the first page. Here or HK Pro there are lots of new posts and answers everyday. I asked a question about a crossbow scope on a couple of forums last week and still no reply. I used to shoot compounds decades ago and bought the crossbow and I guess now I'm a virgin. Sure got a lot to learn.

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I would like that. This year is the first for NY and crossbows and I'm blind. I have no idea what is crap and what is not. I know I cant justify one of the ones Len has allthough I want one.

5. knc1105

I bought the complete Barnett Quad 400 package with Quiver, bolts (arrows) a multi-reticle 4x scope with mounts for $299 on sale at Academy Sports and Outdoors. Most folks are $459-499 on that package and it shoots 345 fps. If you don't have an Academy near you I think you can buy it on line.

6. pressman

pressman Well-Known Member

i just bought the equinox from Excalibur and it is awesome. do not get me wrong those tac 15 look real sweat but i do not have to replace cables ever and no fine tuning all the time. I only have one string and i can change it 5 minutes and be shooting 1" groups out to 50 yards in that 5 minutes. it is a real tack driver. i shot it 10 times before i hit the woods and kill my first turkey with anything but a gun and it was at a distance of 45 yards. shot right through both wings. i did not even have to tune my broadheads. shoot the sst bosses 100 grains by wasp. and they fly like darts. DO NOT SHOOT 2 OF THEM AT SAME TARGET. unless you hold on a different spot or you will be buying more arrows even at 50 yards.

7. knc1105

Robin Hood is a good thing.