Mini Chassis??

Buzzsaw

Does mini chassis mean bedding is NOT required? . I asked this question on another thread. I decided to ask the group. I notice many Manners stocks come with their "mini chassis". My last custom, my builder told me not to buy the mini chassis, as, he would bed the action.

I guess my question is: is a chassis stock as/more accurate than a skillful bedding job?

thoughts on mini chassis?

I'm kinda curious about this myself. I was told bedding is not required with a mini-chassis.

I have 2 Manners stocks, one with a mini-chassis and one without (and no bedding). The mini-chassis definitely adds some weight, maybe 6 ounces? I may do a side-by-side comparison (same rifle, same ammo, same day, etc) when I get my other stock back to see if there is any difference in accuracy between the two.

Per Manners, bedding is not required with the mini chassis. It's meant to be a true bolt in and go option. Personally, I prefer the mini chassis, especially if I'm putting the rifle together myself. I have 3 of their stocks, all with the mini chassis, and I've been very happy with them.

Does mini chassis mean bedding is NOT required? . I asked this question on another thread. I decided to ask the group. I notice many Manners stocks come with their "mini chassis". My last custom, my builder told me not to buy the mini chassis, as, he would bed the action.

I guess my question is: is a chassis stock as/more accurate than a skillful bedding job?

My last custom, my builder told me not to buy the mini chassis, as, he would bed the action.

Opinions will vary by gunsmith, manufacturer and customer. Some gunsmiths don't want to lose the dollars they charge for a bedding job. Some truly believe that their bedding is better than mini-chassis from Manners. Some will remove accuracy guarantees if you refuse to let them do their bedding.

I use either on any builds I create. Both have proven to be the best in their own way. I have competed with both and rely on both for builds depending on the client's desire.

There will be dozens of opinions posted.

:)

My manners stock has the mini chassis, and I skim bedded it anyway. before the bedding job it would kind of ring or vibrate after the shot I would rather have not gotten it due to the extra weight, but did not know at the time.

I have 2 Manners stocks both with mini chassis. I have not had mine bedded and they shoot incredible. Atfer reading 338 dude's comment, though it got me thinking. I may do that, as I do notice that a little.

Another thought is if you ever plan on dropping different rifles/action into it in the future the bedding could have to be removed unless the switch is the same make/model action.

The 300 PRC you asked me about in the other thread shoots pretty well with off the shelf ammo in a mini chassis with no bedding 😉

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-04 13_13_08.320180.png