Millet LRS-1

Prairedog223

Hello, I bought a Millet LRS-1 long rang scope last year off OpticPlanet.com. I love the scope, you can see for miles, it is a 6x25x56 so you can see along ways. Anyway i bought it for shooting praire dogs. I live in SD so there is alot of dogs west river. Thats why i bought the scope so i can snipe them from 100 yds to 500 yds with my .223. It is a Savage 110fp. It is ideal for dogs because it has a heavy barrel that is supposed to make so it doesnt get warm even though it does when you shooting at dogs. My question is: The scope is a mil dot scope and i dont quite understand how it all works. Im not quite 18 so im new to this. I want to buy some custom turrets from Kenton Industries but i dont know if that will make it easier. I think it will because they make it so it goes by increments of 50 yds or 100 yds. I need some serious help and faaaasssstttt.

Spend some time learning how to use your scope. Google MilDot and it will give you all of the information you need.

MilDots are helpful for LR shooting in 2 ways. Wind Hold Off and Hold Over. There is also a bunch of things you can do for ranging and such but get a RangeFiner and be happy :p

Yea I plan on getting a rangefinder but I want to know if I should get custom turrets because it would make it simple, just range it and then put it into the scope. If the turrets come in increments of 50 or 100 yards it would make it very simple. Any more ideas?

Printing Out Range Cards.

I would not waste my money on custom turrets until i have my rifle settled down (bedded and such), have a load developed that shoots sub moa, and enough experiance to hit targets. If I were you I would print drop cards get good and then when you have the money laying around to waste you can do it.

Custom turrets are designed for those people who take a rifle out to the back country backpacking. Dial in range and go.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.