Millet LRS 6-25x56

Long Time Long Ranger

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried this scope for a cheap long range option for a knock around rifle. I found a bargain on some and just pulled one out of the box. Very impressive scope for high $300's. It is a 35mm tube with good looking glass for the price. It has 140 moa adjustment range. I am putting one on a 338-378 wby, 300 RUM and 338 Lapua to start with and see if they hold up and the clicks stay accurate. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this scope and reviews considering the price. Certainly not equal to my $1500-2000 scopes but for a knock around at that price I gambled.

I have the lrs 1 in 4x16x50 midot ill on my 338wm. It seems to hold up well to the recoil, repeats and glass seems good for price. I liked it enough I have another one (ill. atc 6-25x56) on back order. One son in college and another in Jr high crimps the NF, USO etc optics.

Gene

I have one of the LRS6x25x56 with Mil reticle and .1mil turrets. The clicks are pretty positve and so far seems to be accurate and repeatable. I was suprisedit was a pretty clear scope,only downside is the size with the 35mm tube and the supplied rings are really high.

I have had the scope about 2 years now and not had a problem with it. I have it on my Savagein 260AI with a 20moa base and have way more elevation adjustment than I'll need. While it's not a NF I think I got a **** good scope for something in the $3-400 range. I have been looking at rings to get it lower on the rifle but just haven't got around to ordering any yet.

had mine on a 110ba in 338 lapua and it held up very well and maintained zero. I have since stepped up to a sightron and sold the millet to my brother in law, He is also very happy with it. I only fired about 300 rounds or so before I upgraded so as far as long term survivability I can't comment. Great scope for the price in my opinion

Had one on my 308 worked great, got rid of it because it was in mil's. Now not same as higher end scopes, but for the money you can't go wrong.

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried this scope for a cheap long range option for a knock around rifle. I found a bargain on some and just pulled one out of the box. Very impressive scope for high $300's. It is a 35mm tube with good looking glass for the price. It has 140 moa adjustment range. I am putting one on a 338-378 wby, 300 RUM and 338 Lapua to start with and see if they hold up and the clicks stay accurate. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this scope and reviews considering the price. Certainly not equal to my $1500-2000 scopes but for a knock around at that price I gambled.
i use one and love it you can see squirrels at 1000 yrds. it tracks greats and is repeatable. on good days i shoot 5" groups at 1100 yrds over and over. very solid built i have 2000 rounds from a 300 Winchester mag underneath this one.
it has 140 moa of travel. i get 119 3/4, with a 20 moa rail, of usable travel.
the scope is bright even in low light conditions (i was able to count points on a nice 5x4 muley at 1440 yrds before the sun came up (to bad it was elk season)

the only thing i see with it is a slight greying at 24 power but not really bad at all. eye re-leaf could be better but its average in that department.

on 6 power it seems to have more magnification than most other scopes i've looked threw and this seems to be the case threw its entire range.

great deal great scope.

Thanks to everybody for all your comments. I found some that I thought was a good price and bought what they had. These are with the .25" clicks. Just looking through them they look very nice for the money. I was hoping I didn't throw away money. Sounds like they will work for that price. Lifetime warranty so if one goes bad I think I will be ok.

:)
Thanks to everybody for all your comments. I found some that I thought was a good price and bought what they had. These are with the .25" clicks. Just looking through them they look very nice for the money. I was hoping I didn't throw away money. Sounds like they will work for that price. Lifetime warranty so if one goes bad I think I will be ok.
:)gun):)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts