Midsouth Powder Shipments

Has anyone else had struggles getting their Midsouth powder shipments delivered by Fed Ex? I haven't ordered from Midsouth in awhile. I have some H1000 coming from them and the Fed Ex has attempted delivery twice so far. I was expecting them to leave the typical door tag that you can sign and allow them to leave the package. When I called Fed Ex they said the shipper (Midsouth) has requested a direct signature. This means I cannot reroute the delivery in any way or remotely sign for it. They will not hold it at a Fed Ex location because it's hazmat. Tomorrow is the final attempt before it's returned to sender. Now I guess it's miss work or let the powder get sent back to Midsouth. Very frustrating. No issues with delivery from Powder Valley or brownells.
Yes, I just went through this with them and Fed Ex. Fed Ex is really the issue. I spoke by phone to Fed Ex twice and gave them detailed instructions on when to deliver.

They ignored me both times and did their own thing anyway. Lucky my wife was there the last time.

Hate Fed Ex. Their local distr. centers do not listen to the central dispatch whatsoever or Central Dispatch just lies to me.....not sure which.

Over the last year both FedEx and UPS have been horrible…. They leave things at the front door and dont ring the bell or even give a knock anymore. The other day I went out and they didnt even bring it to the front door, they left it at the end of the walkway next to the roadway and that box was worth $1500 … every time FedEx comes it like an Easter egg hunt, where did they set it today?

I just got some powder from Powder Valley went UPS and left at my front door Monday. Yesterday the powder I got from Brownells went FedEx ground with adult signature required. Got a note on the door. Website was useless but I went to the FedEx location right away this morning and got it. Lucky the driver was still there or it would of been stuck in the return loop. Would have been nice if I was notified they were sending it with a signature required I would have had it delivered at work. They said I couldn't sign for it and left at my house. Had to personally take the box when I signed for it.

Has anyone else had struggles getting their Midsouth powder shipments delivered by Fed Ex? I haven't ordered from Midsouth in awhile. I have some H1000 coming from them and the Fed Ex has attempted delivery twice so far. I was expecting them to leave the typical door tag that you can sign and allow them to leave the package. When I called Fed Ex they said the shipper (Midsouth) has requested a direct signature. This means I cannot reroute the delivery in any way or remotely sign for it. They will not hold it at a Fed Ex location because it's hazmat. Tomorrow is the final attempt before it's returned to sender. Now I guess it's miss work or let the powder get sent back to Midsouth. Very frustrating. No issues with delivery from Powder Valley or brownells.
Walgreens drug stores here take the delivery and you come in there, sign and pick up on longer hours. I think you can reroute on there sight. At least thats a help here in Free Florida.

Wondering if it's worth taping a note on the door for the driver with a $20 in it asking the driver to just sign it and leave it stashed on the porch🤷‍♂️
Nope, tried this.
Even signed the 'sorry we missed you' slip twice. Sucks, but the only way your getting that powder is if somebody signs at the door if direct signature is required.
I've had to bribe my sister in law to sit at the house twice, such a pain. Evidently they don't really care who signs even.. I avoid fedex like the plaque.

A few years ago I had a rifle coming from a maker that was changed to an Ackley Improved so it was coming to the house. The company gave me a heads up that it had been shipped. When I hadn't received it after 2 weeks, I called the company they told me that it had been delivered and signed for. I asked them who had signed for it and was told a Mr. Porch had signed for it. Sure enough, it was sitting in a corner that I couldn't see when I parked in the garage.

I deal with FedX and UPS all the time. If there is a "Signature Required" you can go on the website and sign for it and have them leave at your door step. Maybe because we have an account.
Also if FedX or UPS leaves a note on you door for a "Signature" you can sign and leave for the next delivery person to pick up.
The best way to deal with deliveries from a Retailer that requires a "Signature" is to communicate with them at the time of the purchase. You can make delivery instructions.
Never had a problem with Powder/Primers.
Now having firearms delivered may be different. We are lucky I guess that we live in the country and way off the road. The UPS and FedX drivers know our house and we never had a problem maybe because of delivery instructions with the retailer.
You should contact MidSouth at the time of the purchase. We have bought Powder & Primers -recently last year-and had left on our front deck.
Sorry to hear problems from MidSouth. We did a lot of business with Midway and MidSouth, but when Midway started raising prices-we stopped and used MidSouth along with other retailers.
Biggest gripe I've had with FedX is with FedX Ground. They are much less reliable than UPS or, dare I say it USPS when it comes to delivering packages on time. at least that is the case around here anyway. We absolutely, positively will not use them at work and I won't at home unless they are the only choice, then I may buy from somewhere else. They are just that bad. Reg FedX air shipments are fine.

it's the WOKE'S. They get jobs in the delivery systems of America and when they see something having to do with firearms they'll fail to deliver it for some silly excuse and return it to sender.
I've had the same thing happen to me a few times.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time.

Here's a quick rundown of how FedEx Ground actually operates. The process for FedEx Express is slightly different, but the same rules apply.

The shipper decides which signature service is assigned to the package. This isn't decided by FedEx other than where mandated by law (alcohol, hazmat). These are the options:

- No signature service requested. This means that residential packages can be left with no signature at the driver's discretion. Business and commercial locations (anywhere with posted hours of operation) will require a signature regardless of designation by the shipper.

- Indirect signature service requested. This means that the driver must collect a signature via an approved release form (signed door tag or printed signature release authorization form), in person from the actual recipient, or obtain a signature from a neighbor. It can also be rerouted to a hold location.

- Direct signature required. A signature must be obtained by someone at the exact physical location the package is shipped to. No release forms, no notes, no door tags, no neighbors. It can be rerouted to a hold location.

- Adult Signature required. A signature must be obtained by someone over the age of 21 at the exact physical location the package is shipped to. No release forms, no notes, no door tags, no neighbors. Some packages can be rerouted, but not hazmats (powder/primers).

Any deviation from those standards is a driver level decision. That may be a judgment call in the form of not leaving a package when no signature is required, or a violation of the established procedures in the case of leaving a package without the required signature.

There is no anti-gun conspiracy in the shipping industry no matter how many times an uninformed internet expert proclaims it to be true.

In case someone would like to question anything I've said, I'll point out that I was a contractor for FedEx Ground for 18 years and I still work as a consultant for current contractors by providing operational training on issues like signature compliance and safety.

Last edited:
Midsouth is slower than Midway or Graf & Sons on their shipping times, but the product seems to always show up, just not real fast. As hard as it is to find the stuff you need now days, I'm thrilled just to get some bullets or powder on the way, so If I have to wait an extra week, I can live with that.

Midsouth is slower than Midway or Graf & Sons on their shipping times, but the product seems to always show up, just not real fast. As hard as it is to find the stuff you need now days, I'm thrilled just to get some bullets or powder on the way, so If I have to wait an extra week, I can live with that.
yep agreed.

Not long ago, FedEx left a fairly expensive rifle on my front steps (back from the smith). I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I drove up. 😡
An Army unit found these boxes of M4s sitting out front.
FedEx M4s.jpg

Recent Posts