Micrometer Style Turret Knobs

JohnyRingo

Has anyone used the micrometer style turret knobs made by HighPowerOptics out of California? These knobs are used on Swarovski scopes not equipped with a ballistic turret (Z3) so that a RingTrue turret label can be affixed to the elevation knob and used as a BDC turret. I got in a hurry and bought a Swaro Z3 rifle scope thinking I could put a custom turret on it to use as a BDC turret. Come to find out, Swarovski and Kenton Industries do not make custom BDC turrets for the Z3 scope. Now I need to figure out if I want to go this route with HighPowerOptics or sell the scope and buy another one with the capability of putting a BDC turret on it. The problem I am running into with the HighPowerOptics option is that you still have to use the protective dust cap on the elevation turret, so that every time I want to dial a different yardage on the scope, I have to unscrew the dust cap. I am really bummed because I got a really good deal on the Z3 scope.

Outdoorsmans custom turret ONLY works on the "BT" scopes. I just talked to them as I picked up a standard Z5 this week. They said you can send the scope back to Swarovski for $200 and have the BT added, then get their system added to that.

I have the High Power Optics turrets on two Swaro Z5 scopes. They're nice and work well for my use. But their turrets are small like the Swaro factory turrets.
If you want large exposed turrets, this they are not.

I can't believe Swarovski would charge another $200 to put a ballistic turret on. When I had a Zeiss Conquest scope and wanted to put a Kenton BDC turret on, I sent the scope back to Zeiss and they put a target knob on for no charge.

Ya sucks I just got a z5 and purposely didn't get the bt so I could get a Kenton and more than one turn out of the knob. Then I ran into this problem. Lucky I bought it at cabelas and can return and get a bt. Found a YouTube that shows how to get the stop out so you can have more than one turn. I think with a 20 moa I won't be bottomed out in range and I can dial up a bit more and still not be maxed out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.