Leupold Turret Knobs??

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Broz, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I have a nice 8.5x25x50 VXIII LR 30mm tube and covered target knobs. It is listed for sale. But maybe I will just change the turret knobs and use it. Can Mark 4 knobs be installed? Or where can I buy some external knobs for it.

Also if you have experience with the tracking of this scope and how it returns to zero I would like input.

Thanks!!

Jeff

2. timl

timl Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure mark 4 knobs can be installed. Are you familiar with the stoney point knobs? I have one on a 2-7 leupold and it seems to work well.

3. shimoda

shimoda Well-Known Member

I think the knobs on the mark4 are just M1 knobs. I had Leupold install M1's on my VXIII LR and they work great.

4. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Yes you can do M1 turrets they are $130.

Mike @ CSGW

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yes I have seen the stoney points, I was hoping for something larger and easier to read though.

Can I install the M-1 turrets, and if so where can I buy them?

Thanks for all the info guys, I just hope this thing tracks well if I spend the coin on knobs.

Jeff

6. shimoda

shimoda Well-Known Member

Send your scope to leupold custom shop. $130. They had mine back to me on the east coast in 9 days from the day I shipped.

7. yzm19

yzm19 Well-Known Member

i had those m1 turrets put on a vxiii tatical scope and love them. easy to see and operate evenwith gloves in winter.