Member's Who Have Made A Difference.

Greyfox+1 for information about loading for 6.5x284
FEENIX for information about Ruger Model 77 with the help of a great gunsmith in Carlisle .Pa turned three 77 into outstanding shooters
Guy by the name of Mudrunner had a wealth of information also
There is a foul on the play, at no time should FEENIX and MudRunner be in the same Quote or even in the same general vicinity, The 10 yard penalty is declined, Replay first down 😂 😂 😂
No offense at bigdumboy, its an inside joke

Last edited:
I just want to say thanks to everyone on this site as it certainly is a place to get a wealth of information, experience and also different opinions. I thought I knew a lot about rifles and ballistics but like many have said on here before, you never stop learning and this is a great bunch of shooters and hunters to learn from.

Being one of the newer members, I have primarily been a student. I will be 83 next month and just received my Montana, non resident Elk permit. As a long time resident of MT, I will be celebrating my 40th year of elk hunting with my best friend and hunting partner. I can no longer hunt the way I did when I was younger. However, long range shooting and hunting is something I am still capable of, and I have a spot where I can do it. I learned the basics of long range shooting while on an Army rifle team. Having given all but one of my rifles to relatives, my only rifle is a Model 70, .300 WSM. Through information I have gleaned from this forum, I turned a 1.5 MOA rifle into a .5 MOA rifle. I have filled my freezer with elk meat the last 3 seasons, with the closest shot being 500 yds. Thanks for such a great forum, it had definitely helped me enjoy elk hunting much longer than I ever imagined.

There is a foul on the play, at no time should FEENIX and MudRunner be in the same Quote or even in the same general vicinity, The 10 yard penalty is declined, Replay first down 😂 😂 😂
No offense at bigdumboy, its an inside joke

Thanks a lot brother. Now I have to clean the coffee off my cell phone.

Being one of the newer members, I have primarily been a student. I will be 83 next month and just received my Montana, non resident Elk permit. As a long time resident of MT, I will be celebrating my 40th year of elk hunting with my best friend and hunting partner. I can no longer hunt the way I did when I was younger. However, long range shooting and hunting is something I am still capable of, and I have a spot where I can do it. I learned the basics of long range shooting while on an Army rifle team. Having given all but one of my rifles to relatives, my only rifle is a Model 70, .300 WSM. Through information I have gleaned from this forum, I turned a 1.5 MOA rifle into a .5 MOA rifle. I have filled my freezer with elk meat the last 3 seasons, with the closest shot being 500 yds. Thanks for such a great forum, it had definitely helped me enjoy elk hunting much longer than I ever imagined.
That's freaking awesome, good luck on your hunt God Bless and stay safe, please keep us updated
Bean

This site always seemed to have answers in a thread when I googled this eventually I decided to join...I think there's literally everything you need to know on here for long range shooting lol.
Didn't see him mentioned, but barrelnut has taken a lot of time helping people in different threads.
I also wanted to mention philip140, a long time ago I followed his detailed post on how to bed a vanguard, the pictures are gone now. But the thread is still on here
Capt RB is also a wealth of information and put me onto the 195tmk
Dfanonymous should be mentioned, I double check his posts like greyfoxes, really good at dropping valuable tips.
There's a ton of great members though, lancetkenyon, creedmoorshooter, remmy700, BEEMAN, Hand skills, and many others I'm not thinking of

I keep thinking of how to contribute to this thread, but worry I'd leave someone out. I think one could ask a question here, on any subject and get a pretty good answer.
For sure, the unfortunate part of thanking individuals...did anyone mention RockyMtnMT? He's shared a lot information about projectiles lol
Harperc, you can usually answer any questions about #1's

Actually Harperc you are another one that deserves a noteable mention. I always enjoy reading your posts.
There is a saying "The teacher arrives when the student is ready" and I believe that this Forum reflects that saying perfectly!

Seemed like the spot to post this, if I'm breaking any rules or protocol lock the thread or ignore it. Since joining this forum I have gotten to know a lot of members thru posts and even messages. I was raised to tell it like it is and give credit where credit is due, that said there are a some members on here that have helped me thru some learning curves and gave me a different perspective on some issues. I want to give some credit where its due to member's willing to share knowledge and tips that help make the improvement climb faster and easier.

I'm sure when Len started this forum a primary intent was the sharing of that knowledge. I came here self and one mentor taught and the rest was a quest for knowledge in certain areas. I would think new members join with that same intent most of the time. So here's a very partial list of the member's who have helped me by sharing their knowledge, no attempt to make anyone uncomfortable or being a wannabe trying to hang on anyone's posts. I'm just saying thanks..... some of your opinions helped me when the rabbit hole seemed endless. JE Custom - bigngreen - 7STW - butterbean - Jud96 - capecove - Feenix - and Alex Wheeler to name a few notables.

I posted a topic on here about stock painting and learned more in one thread than most will learn in a lifetime. This forum is more than a soapbox for a few, it is a source of the most valuable thing out there.......KNOWLEDGE Dave :)
Well stated !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.