Member's Who Have Made A Difference.

Savage 12BVSS

Seemed like the spot to post this, if I'm breaking any rules or protocol lock the thread or ignore it. Since joining this forum I have gotten to know a lot of members thru posts and even messages. I was raised to tell it like it is and give credit where credit is due, that said there are a some members on here that have helped me thru some learning curves and gave me a different perspective on some issues. I want to give some credit where its due to member's willing to share knowledge and tips that help make the improvement climb faster and easier.

I'm sure when Len started this forum a primary intent was the sharing of that knowledge. I came here self and one mentor taught and the rest was a quest for knowledge in certain areas. I would think new members join with that same intent most of the time. So here's a very partial list of the member's who have helped me by sharing their knowledge, no attempt to make anyone uncomfortable or being a wannabe trying to hang on anyone's posts. I'm just saying thanks..... some of your opinions helped me when the rabbit hole seemed endless. JE Custom - bigngreen - 7STW - butterbean - Jud96 - capecove - Feenix - and Alex Wheeler to name a few notables.

I posted a topic on here about stock painting and learned more in one thread than most will learn in a lifetime. This forum is more than a soapbox for a few, it is a source of the most valuable thing out there.......KNOWLEDGE Dave :)

Seemed like the spot to post this, if I'm breaking any rules or protocol lock the thread or ignore it. Since joining this forum I have gotten to know a lot of members thru posts and even messages. I was raised to tell it like it is and give credit where credit is due, that said there are a some members on here that have helped me thru some learning curves and gave me a different perspective on some issues. I want to give some credit where its due to member's willing to share knowledge and tips that help make the improvement climb faster and easier.

I'm sure when Len started this forum a primary intent was the sharing of that knowledge. I came here self and one mentor taught and the rest was a quest for knowledge in certain areas. I would think new members join with that same intent most of the time. So here's a very partial list of the member's who have helped me by sharing their knowledge, no attempt to make anyone uncomfortable or being a wannabe trying to hang on anyone's posts. I'm just saying thanks..... some of your opinions helped me when the rabbit hole seemed endless. JE Custom - bigngreen - 7STW - butterbean - Jud96 - capecove - Feenix - and Alex Wheeler to name a few notables.

I posted a topic on here about stock painting and learned more in one thread than most will learn in a lifetime. This forum is more than a soapbox for a few, it is a source of the most valuable thing out there.......KNOWLEDGE Dave :)

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
We should all feel lucky in one way or another to be part of a site like this and we "All" can learn from each other if we listen. The value to a site like this is invaluable if used correctly. Thanks to Len, he keeps it civil and productive and In the opinion of many the best site available to the shooting public.

Thanks for the Kudos, but I learn something new almost every day from other members.

J E CUSTOM

As JE CUSTOM said, we all should, and I do feel lucky and privileged to be part of this forum, as Len Backus, has created a gathering table, for a meeting of the minds, and as such, manages it, and keeps out the riff raff, so that the prime objective is met, to share, and learn.
When I first visited this forum, more then 12 years ago, I hung out in the background,for the longest time. But I was reading comments from guys, then, that I still look up to at times now! To me, there's no place like home, and I do call this my home base.
There is a tremendous brain trust here, in and on nearly every facet, of getting the bullet from A to B, in every caliber, and nearly every rifle.
And last, but not least, there are lasting friendships that were kindled here, that many of us share every day. I'm proud to be part of this forum, and respect its intention.
Thanks Len!
Everyone be safe! Enjoy!🦌

PS, thanks for the honorable mention!
It works both ways!
IE, resizing!

I'm gonna say the same thing 7stw said, it works both ways my friend , I value your opinion very highly ! I did the same as 7 did, lurked around in the dark for quite a while( still do from time to time) this is an awesome place to be and although I have never met any of you face to face( not yet anyway) Y'all have a friend in me, and I don't have many.......... and I know your not gonna believe it but I still don't have any IMR 7828 SSC or Berger's 😉

I'll add Broz and Grey Fox to the list. Many others too numerous to name. The collective here is awesome.

Helped me a lot when I was starting out back in 07-08. I try to remember this every time I see a new thread asking for the "best load for a new 6.5 Creedmoor for steel and hunting out to 1000yds"

Thank you very much! I feel very humbled and honored to be on your list amongst some of the greats and legends on this site and in the long range community. I came here when I was just a teenager also seeking to learn and improve on my own skills and equipment. I'm not and maybe never will be on the same level as some of the others here, but I will continue to strive to be my best. I always do my best to explain to others what I have learned and to pass on the best information I can from my experience and the experience of elites in this community. My true passion is teaching, helping, and working with others with the same interests and hobbies that I have. Thank you very much @Savage 12BVSS

Dave,

I appreciate the kind words. One of the first things I learned when I first joined is that; there is always somebody more knowledgeable and real-world experience than me. We have a lot of folks here that are always willing able to lend a helping hand. I am a continuous learner and enjoy the learning process and tries to contribute to the knowledge base the best I can.

Thanks again for the honorable mention. Cheers!

V/R
Ed

I would like to add Bryan Litz, Kevin Thomas, elkaholic, LongTimeLongRanger, and Montana Rifleman. When I first started visiting LRH, there was a strong nucleus of dedicated Long Range Shooters who were pushing the boundaries and showing us how it is done.

At that time, most of the long range oriented equipment and components didn't exist. The efforts of this nucleus of pioneers were very much responsible for the development of the wealth of improved optics, barrels, powders, and bullets we have today. They pushed for better products and took the time to help the rest of us become better shooters, handloaders, and hunters.

I am sure there are names I am forgetting. Hats off to Len for starting this forum and God Bless the pioneers of Long Range Hunting, wherever they may be!!

This is, and has been my first source for LR information, and I have learned so much here, made some online friends, as well as met a few in person, which turned into friendship. There are just some fantastic and friendly people on here. Bravo 4 is another wealth of information, as well as a strait up good man that I hope I can go hunting with some day. Get an elk tag and come out!! Wedgy is a great guy that is very helpful and friendly, and also a hunting buddy of mine. Gonna be sad if you don't draw out man!! PNWGator is another good man, and I hope I get to hunt with him this fall, if not then, hopefully sometime soon!!

This forum is a great resource not only for information, but for great people as well. Thanks to Len for making such a resource available, I am truely thankful for the friends I have made here.

Thanks for the Kudos, but I learn something new almost every day from other members.
There is a tremendous brain trust here, in and on nearly every facet, of getting the bullet from A to B, in every caliber, and nearly every rifle.
And last, but not least, there are lasting friendships that were kindled here, that many of us share every day. I'm proud to be part of this forum, and respect its intention.
I always do my best to explain to others what I have learned and to pass on the best information I can from my experience and the experience of elites in this community. My true passion is teaching, helping, and working with others with the same interests and hobbies that I have.
We have a lot of folks here that are always willing able to lend a helping hand. I am a continuous learner and enjoy the learning process and try to contribute to the knowledge base the best I can.
This forum is a great resource not only for information, but for great people as well. Thanks to Len for making such a resource available, I am truely thankful for the friends I have made here.
Greyfox is another I would like to add to the list of noteable members already mentioned.

This was what I hoped would happen, THANKS all for joining in a chance to recognize all the great member's here on Len's forum and give people that made a difference for you a heads up. I forgot and failed to mention many in my post, but I bet every member has several that jump to mind quickly if you have spent much time here. Thanks to all and keep on sharing, it's what keep's this site different than the rest :) Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.