Member's Who Have Made A Difference.

I can't imagine the 'fast forward' this site can provide to the benefit of new shooters/reloaders, as well as the gun tuning enthusiast. The search capabilities built in the software makes it so powerful when you're in need of experience based guidance. Thanks much to all who have dedicate their time to building this powerful knowledge based platform.

I won't name names but just say that there is a crew of regulars here who always contribute and have productive and positive things to say. This lifts the health of the forum and makes it a better place. For you all, I am thankful. I'd dare say that 85-90% of the time, the discourse is polite and worth engaging in. Other forums don't hold a candle to LRH in this regard and I've left more than a few that seemed very pretentious. I avoid social media. I think Facebook is a huge exercise in self aggrandizement. I used to think that about gun forums too - until I found LRH.

I'm amazed at the knowledge here. I'm not sure I'll ever do a build, or start annealing, or shoot an Elk at 1,000 yards. To me, it doesn't matter. I'm interested to read about those who do. Better yet, when I want to share my experiences or discuss my "long range" goals there is always somebody with something to offer - and they usually make a positive contribution.

Realistically, many of us only know each other in a virtual way. On most forums, there is a very superficial feel to this. At LRH there is more depth. I feel more like I know people here. Good thread Savage 12BVSS.

Forums are full of all sorts, some are super patient & give information freely, some like to critique everything, some just like to think they know everything there is to know & have the attitude to match.
But in whole it makes the forum what it is & adds to the diversity.

I guess we can all fit into those categories at some time.

I have made some good friends through forums I am a part of back here which includes separate forums such as fishing, shooting & 4X4ing & we actually get together from time to time to enjoy our passions.

I joined this one as because when I wanted to get into LR shooting back in 2012 there wasn't a site like this in Aus.

Ive hung around here for the last 7.5 years because there are a lot of regular good guys on here with a lot of great knowledge & there are quite a few mentioned in this thread.

I am always picking things up from the cat on here, some things I don't touch as I feel out of my depth but still follow to gain something from it......…….. ...…...……………..you never stop learning.

Keep doing what your doing fella's :)

Actually Bill Cauley - djfergus - and LVJ76 were some of the names I couldn't bring to mind when I started this thread. Bill and I share a good many opinions and equipment, we're kinda like minded. djfergus has shown me some different perspectives on topics, most recently on stock painting, and we both like putting savages together. LVJ76 is the reason I'm knee deep in another 7mm-08 and using IMR4064 in it, I never really planned to do either. When you stop and think, this giant "Think Tank" gives everyone continual ideas and stimulus on where and how to proceed. During the lockdown its someplace to go :eek: you can take a trip and never leave the farm :)

This is, and has been my first source for LR information, and I have learned so much here, made some online friends, as well as met a few in person, which turned into friendship. There are just some fantastic and friendly people on here. Bravo 4 is another wealth of information, as well as a strait up good man that I hope I can go hunting with some day. Get an elk tag and come out!! Wedgy is a great guy that is very helpful and friendly, and also a hunting buddy of mine. Gonna be sad if you don't draw out man!! PNWGator is another good man, and I hope I get to hunt with him this fall, if not then, hopefully sometime soon!!

This forum is a great resource not only for information, but for great people as well. Thanks to Len for making such a resource available, I am truely thankful for the friends I have made here.
Thanks for the kind words Cody, and thank you for what you do and what you do for the fellow uniformed! Above and beyond brother!

Why? Your advise is freely given, honest and always reliable !
Thank you so much I don't know what to say when my name is mentioned in the company of these others there are so many people who have more knowledge than me that aren't even on this list which makes it even more humbling

Thank you so much I don't know what to say when my name is mentioned in the company of these others there are so many people who have more knowledge than me that aren't even on this list which makes it even more humbling
Blackhawks right, Bill. Thanks for your contribution to the forum and for making LRH a great forum to be a part of.

Blackhawks right, Bill. Thanks for your contribution to the forum and for making LRH a great forum to be a part of.
Thank you very much I see you here a lot and enjoy your comments And this forum there is no better forum on the Internet

Last edited:
Greyfox is another I would like to add to the list of noteable members already mentioned.When it comes to the 6.5-284 and similar cartridges Greyfox has forgotten more than most of us will ever know.
Thank you Kiwi Kid and all. I am humbled, and truly appreciative of the acknowledgement! It's strange for me, given the so many knowledgeable shooters and hunters that have been a major information resource to me for more then a dozen years of participating on this superb forum. Surely all those mentioned, along with others, far too many to list, have added so much valuable information. I think it very fitting to recognize Len for his early insight and innovative approach in building what is my opinion, the leading forum and resource for the long range hunter!

Great thread @Savage 12BVSS, you sir have been very helpful to me as well as many other members here.

Some have been mentiones some not, like @7stw, @JMW67, @keithcandler, @lancetkenyon, @FEENIX , @AZShooter, @Kimber7man, @djfergus, @jbs2014, @RT2506, @Mustang72, @jjmp, @Hatrick, @GBWS, @just couuntry, @ and many many more.

Thanks all for you help and advise.
LVJ76, Thanks again for the mention, as I don't dote on that as, it is not my intention as to my comments or opinions, but much appreciated, and somewhat flattered if that's the word. Our sport, is constantly evolving, in some ways, and unchanging in others. New propellants, calibers, rifles, etc. I learn something every time I pull, (squeeze), the trigger, and passing it on is as much of a joy, as learning it. I've been off the radar this week, between work, and a rifle project that I have going on, and have again learned so much, and another member here too as well. Sometimes powders that you would never think of, in some calibers, work better then advertised. Anyway, what a great thread, it's truly what this site is, and should be about. Thanks 12bvss.
Everyone be safe!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.