Medium Length Action - which bottom metal?

tdot

Looking at building a custom light rifle. 6.5SS and 338SS are the likely calibers. I had planned a SA Lone Peak, but I'm also considering a Medium Length action as it'd be nice to load rounds at 3" - 3.1". Only problem with the medium length action seems to be the bottom metal, I've only found the Defiance that is sized for a medium length and allows longer COAL. Everything else, appears to limit the round to 2.9", at which point I may as well stay with a SA and an extended length Wyatts box.

I'd prefer a DBM, with a magazine close to flush to the rifle, but I can only find manufactured rifles with magazines like that.

Am I missing something, even most WSM specific magazines seem to limit to less then 3" COAL.

They all have the option for BDL and 3.2" I believe that Hawkins is making it. I have a defiance XM with BdL

Awesome. Thanks for that. I'd looked at Hawkins but didn't see a listing. I'll call to find out more details.

Any DBM's???

I am also looking for a DBM style bottom metal where the magazine sits flush with the bottom of the stock as my rifles are all hunting rifles and I often carry them at my side with the palm of my hand gripping the rifle right in front of the trigger guard. This style is offered on the browning x-bolts (below) and probably some other factory rifles but I want it for a Rem 700 or an aftermarket action with a Rem 700 footprint.

upload_2019-4-9_13-29-30.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts