McMillian Stocks?!?!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by cummin_un_glued, Sep 3, 2013.

1. cummin_un_glued

cummin_un_glued Well-Known Member

So I ordered a marble A5 with adjustable cheek riser back in the first part of March. I was quoted an estimated delivery of 20-24 weeks. I called 4 weeks ago and was told that it would likely be another 3-4 weeks. Waited 2 weeks and called again. This time I was told they were painting Januarys orders and were working on February's orders that mine would likely be another 2-3 weeks. So I waited 2 weeks and I called again today. I got the same lady again and again she told me that they were working on February's orders that I would be another 2-3 weeks!

I've got a hunt booked Oct 20th i'm starting to wonder if I will get my stock in time to finish my rifle.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. Clay Target Guy

Clay Target Guy Well-Known Member

Sounds like the same story McMillian stocks was selling years ago (about another 2-3 weeks).

Try a HS or BC stock and sell it after your McMillians finally comes in.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013

3. Clay Target Guy

By the way, I saw yesterday where McMillian has been sold, not sure who to but it has been sold.

4. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Use the stock that came with the rifle

5. cummin_un_glued

Its got a Brux #9 on it now so the one that came with it is a no go. The first time I called I talked to a guy and told him about my hunt. He said when I got my barreled action back to call them back and he would see if he could speed it up. I think I'm going to try to get ahold of him again.

Sure wish I had 6 months of back log on $800 stocks...

6. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

order a different stock. not worth the wait, nor money.

7. cummin_un_glued

So who else offers the marble stocks?

8. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

They have been sold ...You will be hearing who bought them soon.

9. cummin_un_glued

so I found some Manners T4A's in stock ready to ship that will fit this thing. I also found that stockys has their long range varmint thumbholes in stock but after talking to them the barrel channel would need opened up slightly as they are cut for a 810 ish barrel and mine is 870. now what to do. keep waiting on McMillian to get me the stock that I ordered, order the wood stock for $250 for now until the McMillian comes in, or order the manners and paint it or dip it because I don't want a plain black stock.

also would McMillian even let me cancel my order at this point?

10. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

Manners has nice paint jobs that you can get on their rifles. I prefer Manners over McMillan by a long shot.

11. Clay Target Guy

wood stocks are no problem to sand the barrel channel out on. Sandpaper around a wooden dowel rod or around a deep well socket can be your friend.

12. Dick Tinsley

Dick Tinsley Well-Known Member

Unless you've got your heart set on a McMillan, I've got to agree with MTBULLET! Just my 2cts!

DT

13. cummin_un_glued

its not that im set on a McMillian because of the name or anything like that. I think at this point its the fact that I've been waiting for so long

14. Dick Tinsley

Dick Tinsley Well-Known Member

Compleatley understandable!!!! Stuff like this is very agervating! HuH???? Serious!! If you can get another stock in a short period of time, an get your rifle tuned in an ready, if it were me that's what I would do! ( but that's just me!) If McMillan will give you a refund,that's what I would do! Call around to differant stock makers an suppliers, get a time line, then call McMillan!