McMillian Stocks?!?!

I read on another website that McMillan Stock Company is not changing ownership.

I received a Mcm stock last week that I ordered in early March. Came in perfect. I'm happy, took longer than quoted but the same thing happens with other parts in rifle builds.

I ordered one on 1/25/13.
Received on 8/1/2013.
So basically 6 months, but it's kick ***.
My advice, try to order without guidelines concerning hunt dates. Something inherently always goes wrong.
Good luck on your hunt.

I ordered mine about February, got here July. Great stock, the one it replaces I've had for 25 years. It's coming off my rifle, and a friend is putting it on his spare .338. Its the most durable stock we've had. The wait times in the industry as a whole suck. Its got to be a challenge keeping the quality up, and the output high enough to satisfy the demand. I don't know anything about high finance, but I know Mcmillan was front and center in the credit battle many firearms related businesses have experienced. Tough to grow while being strangled financially. Admittedly if 6-8 months is what it takes, that should be upfront.

I ordered one on 1/25/13.
Received on 8/1/2013.
So basically 6 months, but it's kick ***.
My advice, try to order without guidelines concerning hunt dates. Something inherently always goes wrong.
Good luck on your hunt.

I can kinda agree with what you are saying, time lines etc! However when a person calls customer service an (1) can't get pased the operator(2) finally gets to talk to someone that's supposed to know what's goin on an they have to search for his stock because they don't know where it is(3) tells the man that they will call him back,an dont(4) they keep pushing the time that they told him, kinda makes the company an their customer service look kinda bad!!! No! Real Bad!!! After all of that BS, I can't blame the man for goin another route!!! I would!( but that's me) there are other good stock makers an distributors around that provide one to two day shipping an give honest answers an feed back!! Why can't McMillan do that!!?? Sorry for the rant, OP!!

DT

I ordered mine about February, got here July. Great stock, the one it replaces I've had for 25 years. It's coming off my rifle, and a friend is putting it on his spare .338. Its the most durable stock we've had. The wait times in the industry as a whole suck. Its got to be a challenge keeping the quality up, and the output high enough to satisfy the demand. I don't know anything about high finance, but I know Mcmillan was front and center in the credit battle many firearms related businesses have experienced. Tough to grow while being strangled financially. Admittedly if 6-8 months is what it takes, that should be upfront.

I even agree with that! I am in no way,shape,form,or fashion bashing the quality of McMillan stocks!!! They make a outstanding product! That being said, it's the way they have presented themselves in customer service. That's all I'm saying! I understand financial difficulty,but just be up front in servicing the customer, that's all I'm saying!

DT

I had better luck in dealing with their customer service than others. I'm in agreement with those that haven't, a more realistic approach to wait times should be standard, and good customer service over the phone should be a constant, not an exception. Nobody should be wondering in August, if a stock promised in March will be in hand for an October hunt.I was mostly commenting on the state of the entire industry. The last brick of .22 ammo I saw was months ago, empty shelves at retailers, out of stock for online dealers, etc.. A pretty sorry state of affairs all the way around.

You know what, after re-reading what you said...
It's the customer service part that I totally agree with. I am in a service based industry. If I tell a guy his job will be done on Friday, I better have it done or I might not see his work again.
So yeah, I guess I wasn't in much of a time constraint. But, if I had been promised in "x" months, I would expect it then too.
Carry on.

I had better luck in dealing with their customer service than others. I'm in agreement with those that haven't, a more realistic approach to wait times should be standard, and good customer service over the phone should be a constant, not an exception. Nobody should be wondering in August, if a stock promised in March will be in hand for an October hunt.I was mostly commenting on the state of the entire industry. The last brick of .22 ammo I saw was months ago, empty shelves at retailers, out of stock for online dealers, etc.. A pretty sorry state of affairs all the way around.

Agreed!!!

so how is it that some guys in this thread ordered stocks in feb and still don't have them yet other guys have gotten stocks ordered in march?

I understand that painted stocks take longer and that may be the case there. McMillian did tell me that they were working on painted stock orders from jan so that would make sense.

I have not ordered a different stock yet as I am still hoping that this one does ship this week.

thanks for the input everyone, I cant remember the exact day that I ordered mine but I know it was 1-2 week of march because it was around my birthday. I just never thought that I would still be waiting on it in sept when I was told the first of aug for delivery

so how is it that some guys in this thread ordered stocks in feb and still don't have them yet other guys have gotten stocks ordered in march?

I understand that painted stocks take longer and that may be the case there. McMillian did tell me that they were working on painted stock orders from jan so that would make sense.

I have not ordered a different stock yet as I am still hoping that this one does ship this week.

thanks for the input everyone, I cant remember the exact day that I ordered mine but I know it was 1-2 week of march because it was around my birthday. I just never thought that I would still be waiting on it in sept when I was told the first of aug for delivery
I'm still in your corner!!! Praying for ya!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.