Mcmillan A5 & Brux #5 Contour

I have a Lonewolf summit on a Mark V and if you where handy I dont know why you could not put a DE check piece on. Most of my rifles are packers so I have sporter type stocks. I have shot 6'' at 1000 with my 338 Norma in a Lonewolf summit, about a 20 oz. stock and rock solid glass kevlar. I use a Eagle type stock pack for a extra drop card, few rnds when road hunting, mildot master and the check weld I want, can shim under if you need more, simple easy and works. My 50 bell is mounted low as possible. My Norma is 7-2 oz. bare

Hornhunter

One more stock to consider is Bell Carlson part number #6554, what I call the sporter TRR stock. It's slightly different from a Bell Carlson # 6498 Accumark stock in that-

+Stock forend is inletted for #4 Krieger, and has some additional width starting just forward of the bottom metal hinge.

+Comb/Cheekpiece is raised slightly maybe another 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Don't confuse this what I call "sporter TRR" with the fully adjustable TRR stock; that goes by Bell Carlson part number 6629. That stock is right at 4.5 lbs, sturdy as a railroad tie, tough as nails. Not as astethiclly pleasing as some would like....but I've found to value function more than form as I get older :D

Your Brux #5 compares very closely to the Weatherby #4 contour. Lilja has an excellent list of factory tapers for your comparison purposes located here...look at the one called Wby4 and then compare that to your Brux 5. :)

Some good images of it are at the link posted below...I don't have access to any personal photos to post right at the minute.

http://www.snipercentral.com/trr.htm

trr7.jpg

trr2.jpg

trr3.jpg

Lone Wolf recently changed hands....I'm going to wait until someone else jumps in with both feet on a $815 stock to see if there work holds up the quality that Bob put into his stocks previously. FWIW, the new company did say they'd honor the previous lifetime warranties. I wish them luck in there move, look forward to there future product.

Chad Dixon's work sure does look impressive and his services are tailored to a specific market. If fit and finish are important goals for this rifle, I'd think his standard would be tough to beat.

If your on a tight(er) budge, and precision is high on your list, you may find money spent towards a better optic, reloading components for more time behind the rifle, or towards the next barrel, is more productive in obtaining your goals than a state of the art bedding job.

Good shooting. gun)

Wow I got a Lonewolf not long ago and price has jumped $100. I t was already high

Thanks Autorotate. I think I'm goingt to stick with my Accumark stock for now unless you want to sell me the one you have on your 30-338 Lapua! :)

Thanks Autorotate. I think I'm goingt to stick with my Accumark stock for now unless you want to sell me the one you have on your 30-338 Lapua! :)

Hornhunter-I'm keeping on the LW stock :D

Here's to hoping Proof holds the bar high.

$815 isn't too bad for a stock, as that comes with a bedding job too. After you price a McM + pillar bedding, it adds up too.

I personally Know the guy that Bob, passed on his stock savy to. He is a good guy and a avid LR. He is shooting a 338 Norma and is head of the stock division, he is very detail oriented.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.