matrix 6.5 160gr bc update

Chris,

I definitely want to see pictures of a buck & bear taken with the 160. Please take a close look at the terminal ballistics when the ranges get long. I'm personally looking for a 1k yd Speed Goat this year; fingers crossed :cool:

t

Yeah I definitely will, I'm curious as well! I was just playing with H1000 and can only get 20 fps more and am running into pressure problems. So its back to retumbo!
Chris
Benchmark

I have just started to play with my new 6.5-06 improved 8 twist 27 inch Lilja and the 160 matrix. I have only fired about 20 so far, at my 100 yard range. So far I have excellent accuracy but looking for velocity.
I love the looks of that coyote, as I plan to use this bullet starting 9-15 on wolf, then elk. Between my wife and I there will be at least 4 dead elk, and I plan to post results.

I have just started to play with my new 6.5-06 improved 8 twist 27 inch Lilja and the 160 matrix. I have only fired about 20 so far, at my 100 yard range. So far I have excellent accuracy but looking for velocity.
I love the looks of that coyote, as I plan to use this bullet starting 9-15 on wolf, then elk. Between my wife and I there will be at least 4 dead elk, and I plan to post results.

What did you end up so far for velocity using which powder?

Has anyone come up with any G7 data beyond 1000 yards? For anyone wanting to build a 6.5, I am pushing the 160's over 3100 in my 6.5 SS with a 26" barrel and the bullets can be seated clear to the lands if you use an AICS box. The 6.5 Sherman will also reach 3100' in a long action version.
p.s. That coyote took a beatin'!

If you guys are interested in my analysis, I can test the BC of this bullet with about 20 samples.

I've got a 1:6" twist 6.5mm barrel that ought to do it.

If anyone's interested, please contact me at: [email protected] and I'll give you my shipping address.

Take care,
-Bryan

If you guys are interested in my analysis, I can test the BC of this bullet with about 20 samples.

If anyone's interested, please contact me at: [email protected] and I'll give you my shipping address.

Take care,
-Bryan

Bryan.....The 8 twist seems to fully stabilize this bullet. Do you think that a 6 twist would change the numbers at all? I would send you some 160's, but I am not sure that I have 20 left?.......Rich

Take care,
-Bryan
Can you test some 150s if i sent you 20?

Can you test some 150s if i sent you 20?

I have had the 150's out to 1553 yards. Of course there is some room for error but using a kestrel with Horus ballistics I came in at .645. I have heard from others that it is a bit higher but .645 has worked for me. Would be great to pin down a number though

Thanks guys.

I've been contacted via email and I'm set.

I'll test these long bullets in both a 1:8" and a 1:6" twist just to see if there's any difference.

It may take a while but it will get done.

Thanks and take care,
-Bryan

Thanks guys.

I've been contacted via email and I'm set.

I'll test these long bullets in both a 1:8" and a 1:6" twist just to see if there's any difference.

It may take a while but it will get done.

Thanks and take care,
-Bryan

Thank you very much Bryan, I appreciate you offering to help. Just don't forget about us! :D

t

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts