Marlim or Winchester?

Boy I'm glad I called that one right. I was worried about looking the fool if this guy was serious but seems as if a few other folks on here thought the same thing.
What I have noticed about trolls is they come on strong but when found out they quickly quite down or just leave.
I think its foolish to attemp such a feat with the folks on here as we arent out to hang anyone generally we are all willing to help anyone out.
He wasted our time and that is just plain wrong.
He would be better suited to try this stuff on other boards like this one where he could get more of a rise outta folks.
I'm glad we all caught this before it got ugly.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When I first read his post I thought that he was so ridiculous that I did not know if he would even get a response

Davesok,

I thought the same thing!! I didn't want to chime in on someone who can't type(Like me) but holy smokes!! This cat was typing how "Larry the cable guy" sounds!! Why would you tell a sob story about your buddy's girl in order to get shooting advice? I think there is something Stinky here and it ain't the "meatloaf"!!

For all of you people who were unfortunane enough not to have been raised in Dixie and do not have a clue what a gar is you can go here.

http://www.garfishing.com/

"Are you SICK in the HEAD?"

Actual quote from a Wisconsin
DNR official in response to a
request for gar fishing hotspots

Notice that the name of the organization is GASS.

If you look at the sentence structure and phraseology of the few coherent posts here and under optics and the punctuation style and run a search on those peculiarities you will find some surprises as to who among us might have actually done this.

I do not know if the IP can be determined and I really am not at all upset it was just interesting to run the searches on phrases and punctuation styles.

Buffalobob, if you look at the other post in the optics, it amazes me how he mixed dialects up; if you are going to pose to be someone else, make sure you do not mess up, and on a forum like this, it only takes a person to read one post to tell that the people on here know what they are talking about and has a lot of sense. You also notice that he spelled one of the most misspelled words in the english language correctly: Wednesday. Without spell check I would say that I probably would miss that 50% of the time. It sure does not match the rest of his post. Maybe me and his friend should get together so I can tell him how I killed that radioactive, rabid, suicide bomber varmint with cooties (the same one 4ed Horn was talking about) at 500yds with my daisy airgun. By the way, I think he was flicking me off with both hands. Sorry 4ed Horn, I had to add that in there, but I did get him off hand through a NC swamp. It is amazing what that little pellet will do at 500 yards; maybe I can photoshop some pics really quick!!!! I think it will be interesting to hear from this guy.

Buffalo.

IPs are discoverable by any of the moderators. The mods at www.howwhatwhy.com (my other favorite forum) have discovered many people supporting their own arguements by signing on with another screen name and "helping" argue against any that dissagree with the original posters comments. That forum is the same brand that Len is running here. When that ficticious (sp?) other is exposed the new member is asked to come clean and if they don't they are nuked from the site. No messing around. The regulars don't have time for it and the newcomers don't need to see that sort of nonscense.

good sniffing on the troll! he asked such a simple question even a rookie like me could answer that one.i didn't see the rifle question till way later.he was probably making fun of my nfx-swaro question.

Buffalobob,

I don't know about GASS or the Bowfin (blackfish) Anglers Society, I've caught both on the Tar River in eastern NC, and don't care to ever again.

Looking over the posts so far I didn't want to respond untill I clicked on your link, and really thought about it and he might as well be a nutria, as they have the same result as the gar, the blackfish, and the snakehead fish (mostly I've heard of it in Va and Md) on the enviroment.

Maybe we're misjudging him, but probably NOT.

If we are maybe he'll stick around in the background and learn a little and think a litle before making a post.

[ QUOTE ]
good sniffing on the troll! he asked such a simple question even a rookie like me could answer that one.i didn't see the rifle question till way later.he was probably making fun of my nfx-swaro question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, I'm not excatly sure what a troll is. I assume a trouble maker. I am sorry if I upset some of ya all. The story about Jugs wife leaving him and the possibilites of a new long range 30-30 or 35Rem is all BS. I figured most of ya all would figure that out. I was trying to be funny, guess it did not work out too well. No I'm not a red neck ( I don't think). I am a engineer in a high tech industry. Everyone knows engineers can't spell very good. I grew up in the upper midwest on a dairy farm and have been around firearms all of my life. And yes I do know something about shooting and firearms, but probably not as much as most of the people that frequent this message board. I have lived in the south and west coast and did travel the world a little, thanks to the US Navy. Ya all ain't from Minnesota! I grew up with .22's and shotguns. High powered rifles and pistols were rarely seen or owned in my world. Deer hunting was restricted to shotguns. After miltary service I became interested in pistols and miltary rifles. I've always enjoyed shotguns since I'm a bird hunter. I joined a nice gun club a few years ago that is geared mostly torward rifle shooters, so I have aquired some rifles for target shooting. I small game & big game hunt ( not long range!) I found this web site a while back when doing research on scopes. My company upgraded computers and I could not get my old username to work anymore. My company provides me with a personal lap top. I ended up getting a new user name via my wifes computer. I was not a frequent poster. I think my user name was dude, I'd have to try to look it up for sure. I asked several questions regarding the best mounts for a Sako 75 in 300RUM, more of a LR cal than 30-30? I'm sorry for upseting anyone. No more BS from me. I did get some very good information from my post in the optics board "Simmions vs BSA". GAR is short for Gary. I'm sure this thread will be usefull to people that are considering purchasing a Marlin 336, or Winchester 94. It also could be usefull for some idiot trying to be funny.

Gar, most of the guys on here are very professional about what they do and their shooting/hunting. From some of the comments, you can tell that a lot of the guys think the guy trying to be funny. It would be extremely hard to try to put something over any of the guys that frequent the forum. So, one question that I am sure a lot of people are wanting to know; WHY DID YOU WRITE ALL OF THAT MESS ABOUT THE 30-30 AND 35, AND WHY DID YOU WRITE THE POST ON THE OPTICS? Why is it that people want to come try to make a joke/poke fun at, something people take so seriously. To some people on here, guns are their jobs, many guns are their hobbies, and it is disrespectful to post the crap that was put on here. And after offense was taken to some of the comments you recieved, are we supposed to believe that you are not BSing us anymore? Think before you go off and try to be funny about something that some people take seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Gar, most of the guys on here are very professional about what they do and their shooting/hunting. From some of the comments, you can tell that a lot of the guys think the guy trying to be funny. It would be extremely hard to try to put something over any of the guys that frequent the forum. So, one question that I am sure a lot of people are wanting to know; WHY DID YOU WRITE ALL OF THAT MESS ABOUT THE 30-30 AND 35, AND WHY DID YOU WRITE THE POST ON THE OPTICS? Why is it that people want to come try to make a joke/poke fun at, something people take so seriously. To some people on here, guns are their jobs, many guns are their hobbies, and it is disrespectful to post the crap that was put on here. And after offense was taken to some of the comments you recieved, are we supposed to believe that you are not BSing us anymore? Think before you go off and try to be funny about something that some people take seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
The post on optics was not total BS. I know you do get what you pay for, but I still thought you were getting a lot of features for the money on the Simmions & BSA scopes I mentioned. I don't like any of the BSA's that I've looked at but I do have a Simmions Atec that is as clear as any other scope I own. I have several scopes in the $500 to $1000 price range of various brands. I know a lot of people do like Simmions, probably not the very professional shooters on this message board. I gave my Simmions 44 mag and Whitetail classic away since I've upgraded my optics, and will probably do the same with a Tasco I have. I did not mean to be disrespectful, but I can now see that some people could take it that way. I am very sorry.

Well, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your story. One reason so many took offense at your joke could be that so many forums have been destroyed by people who just came to cause trouble. Hard to weed those folks out. Hope you find this a good place to hang out.

Welcome back. Just the fact that you came clean says alot about you not being the average troll. "Troll", as I know it, comes from one who is trolling for a fight or raging arguement for no reason other than their entertainment. With "gar" being a fish and a nasty one at that coupled with your wacky post most of us were thinking TROLL.

Funny is good. I like funny and try to be funny often. I don't know if I am the only one laughing but the regulars here know me enough to realize I'm not looking for a fight (99% of the time).

Any way welcome back.

Oh BTW one of the moderators may be able to give you your old screen name back via their magical forum powers if you are sure which it was .

Come on guys, give the woman a break, any one can make a mistake, ive made more than my share. Tell them both to get into councelling. Love will conquer.. If the guy realy needs the money then buy the rifle of him with a buy back option. I'd go for the Marlin.. but thats cos i had a 450M that shot 1 hole groups ate 100m.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.