Winchester M70 ???

You can't go wrong with a Winchester model 70. My last two builds have been Remington based but that is because I almost never buy new rifles and these were deals I couldn't pass up. I have many model 70's, some pre-64 controlled round feed but most post-64 push feed (somehow I've never wound up with one of the later classic models with crf). They all shoot great and my next build (6.5-06 AI) will be on this action. They are easier to bed, better safety, incredibly strong and I have always liked the integrated recoil lug.

I just broke down an old M70 and because of this thread, think I am going to send it off to Kevin Weaver for blue print and re-barrel. So I'm happy this thread was brought back to life.

Was going to have my sporter blue printed and all that good stuff with a new sheilen barrel. But then I tried some Nosler bt's and shot about 1/2" group at 200 yds. Now I'm thinking do I want to mess with it? New barrel is standing next to it in the safe. I also found a Smith that really likes the m70's.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.