Mark X rifles

Read your other post also. Any good? I think it's a good basic rifle, some shoot some don't. I never cared for that stock type. I don't care for the slide type safety on them. Recoil management, I just looked up the weight it's stated 7.2 lbs, if it has a scope I missed that part. Put a heavy scope on it, muzzle break, different stock, use lighter bullets, all will help manage recoil.
Did it group at all when you fired it? Would be my question. If it did I would be inclined to keep it as a back up or loaner.
I have a Mark X, that I had customized completely. As much as I like that rifle, I would go a different route if I had it to do over.

I have owned three over the years, still have one that I'll keep forever. All three, a Whitworth Express on 375, an Express in 300WM and a Mannlicher style 7mm Mauser. All ver very accurate, had good triggers, and functioned flawlessly. I have owned my 375H&H for 32 years. It has been to Africa a few times. After a lot of rugged use it's still very accurate, functions flawlessly, and looks great. They were all a little rough out of the box, but smoothed up after some use, and/or some polishing of the rails.

First group I shot at 100yds I covered with a Nickle. It shoots well. Stock has to go because wood scratches and it will drive me nuts. I like Bench rest stocks with the flat forend base. Have them on every bolt gun I own. Heavier but I cool with that. I have a Super Sniper 10x42 I will throw on it for the time being. Good solid scope with some heft. Barrel and braks are maditory. Im new to the 300wm platform so anyone has advice on some recipe's let me know. I dont need to hurl 180gr loads down range all day. I want something in the 160gr range that shoots flat and does the job out to 500-600yds. Thanks guys. I still prefer my STW over this but we shall see,

Jimbo

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.