March 3-24x42mmFFP anyone use one?

muleystalker

Im looking at the March FFP 3-24x42mm scope in MIL/MIL, it comes in at 22.3oz and has 28mil in elevation and wind. comes with zerostops. One of the reasons Im looking at this scope is it comes in 9-10oz lighter than most other scopes in its class. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what I'm going to be giving up with the 42mm objective vs say a 50mm? Its going on a new 28 nosler, Manners EH1, X-caliber #6 (same contour as bartlien 3B) 1-8twist throated to shoot the 195bergers. I'm trying to keep weight down where possible. I have a SWFA 5-20x50 I can put on it and was looking at night force NXS but I could save close to 10oz buy going with the March. Any info from anyone with experience with this scope would be appreciated.

Thanks,Dave

Last edited:
I have the 2nd focal plane MOA scope so similar. Biggest issue the eye box is tight. If the scope is properly mounted it is less of an issue. Magnification range is awesome. Scope Is clear and tracks well. When in Kytgyzstan and cold the magnification ring got fairly stiff. No problems with light transmission.. In low light the 50mm will make a difference.... Bruce

I have the 2nd focal plane MOA scope so similar. Biggest issue the eye box is tight. If the scope is properly mounted it is less of an issue. Magnification range is awesome. Scope Is clear and tracks well. When in Kytgyzstan and cold the magnification ring got fairly stiff. No problems with light transmission.. In low light the 50mm will make a difference.... Bruce

Thanks for the reply Bruce, I think I'm going to go with the 52mm, just bite the bullet and get it done, too much money to not be happy and have to do it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.