Anyone using a March FX 4.5-28X52?

I know this isn't the model you're asking about, but I'm starting to like the Compact 2.5-25x52 I tried for the first this past season. Good glass for the money and the weight. Took a good knock on some rocks when a buddy carrying the rifle slipped and fell. Held zero.

I have shot behind two different FX 4.5-28×52.

They are a great scope. Tracking was true out to 1151 yards, return to zero was perfect, size and weight is nice, glass is good and better than the 3-24×52, magnification range is great, still a little picky getting the diopter set up and perfect with the parallax.

Better than the 3-24×52 for parallax and eye box as well, I think due to the 6x erector vs the 8x. FOV is amazing with the new wide angle eyepiece. Feels like a 3x on the low end but closer.

I just wish they could have kept it in the 24oz weight range like the 3-24 instead of 30oz. It is now more like every other scope, and not a lightweight contender.

Last edited:

They are a great scope. Tracking was true out to 1151 yards, return to zero was perfect, size and weight is nice, glass is good and better than the 3-24×52, magnification range is great, still a little picky getting the diopter set up and perfect with the parallax.

Better than the 3-24×52 for parallax and eye box as well, I think due to the 6x erector vs the 8x. FOV is amazing with the new wide angle eyepiece. Feels like a 3x on the low end but closer.

I just wish they could have kept it in the 24oz weight range like the 3-24 instead of 30oz. It is now more like every other scope, and not a lightweight contender.
Mine weighs 28 oz but I get your point, 24 wood be sweet.

I know this isn't the model you're asking about, but I'm starting to like the Compact 2.5-25x52 I tried for the first this past season. Good glass for the money and the weight. Took a good knock on some rocks when a buddy carrying the rifle slipped and fell. Held zero.
I look HARD at that scope. I just couldn't get over the uncapped windage. I'm just weird haha.

Thank you for the info!! 28-30oz was actually my goal weight for the optic, so that my rifle would be around 9.5lbs for shootability. It's a 300 NMI so a little weight will be my friend haha. Thank you again for for the insight!!
Mine weighs 28 oz but I get your point, 24 wood be sweet.
I just ordered one of the non illuminated FML-LDK models. About a 60 day lead time on them. Looking forward to getting my hands on one!

March FX vs TT315M

1. More top end magnification
2. More elevation adjustment
Yeah, that is it...
Almost 90% more top end magnifaction
Wider FOV at all magnifications
Better Reticle than 3-15 LRH
Non-Illuminated option

These were MY selling points ^

The TT has possibly better glass and turret clicks? I just wasn't sold on a $3700 3-15 scope with a reticle I didn't like. Despite the other possibly better features. It's just a personal choice. I didn't say your TT was a piece of crap or anything lol.

Edit to say I did really like the TT had a locking elevation turret. That's super nice on a hunting rifle.

Almost 90% more top end magnifaction
Wider FOV at all magnifications
Better Reticle than 3-15 LRH
Non-Illuminated option

These were MY selling points ^

The TT has possibly better glass and turret clicks? I just wasn't sold on a $3700 3-15 scope with a reticle I didn't like. Despite the other possibly better features. It's just a personal choice. I didn't say your TT was a piece of crap or anything lol.

Edit to say I did really like the TT had a locking elevation turret. That's super nice on a hunting rifle.
lol i was looking at the same scope as you and i just went with the better turrets and glass for all the hunts that I was doing
Had too many hunts and travelling, that I could risk something being off