Magnetospeed

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I come home yesterday to a box full of goodies from my good buddy Brian over at Shoot-Long | Long Range Rifles, Long Range Shooting and the most exciting part was this!
    [​IMG]

It looks like its going to be a nice little addition to the family. there were also a bunch of bullets, solvent, a custom gun case etc.. I will post results once I get around to trying the new Chronograph out.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I hope you like it as much as I do mine Mike. I just used it this morning on a 6.5 x 284 I was dialing in. At 700 yards I was hitting the 3/4 moa target. I removed the MS and still was on. I could not tell the difference. This barrel is braked and is .700 at the muzzle. I am sure some light tubed rifles would be effected, but none of my long range rigs have been. Sure is nice to toss that small box in the back seat when going to shoot. Then have the ability to be checking velocities in just a minute or two. Not to mention the reading not being effected by light angles.

Good luck and enjoy.

Jeff

3. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

the fact that light angles doesnt affect it is what sold me. I dont mind the set up of my other chrono's but this one will for sure be nice in ease of use. I look forward to comparing it to my other chronos to see how the numbers jive

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Right on!

Jeff

5. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

Mike, Jeff,

Have either of you experienced a 'lean in' condition when the MagnetoSpeed is mounted on the barrel? If so, how did you adjust the MS to get the sensor deck parallel to the bore line?

I tried to shim with some card stock (file folder) and succeeded in getting everything parallel. Unfortunately, the loss of V-block surface contact friction means re-setting up after each shot.

Pete

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Never had a problem. I just use the alignment bar to adjust to the bottom of bore, (or close) and go. Mine has worked very well.

Jeff

7. Mike 338

Mike 338 Well-Known Member

I keep a piece of paper with the instructions for notes of what stacks of spacers are used with each rifle. Makes for even faster set up.

8. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

I'll bet you are really going to like it. I have been really impressed. As far as lean-in on tapered barrels, I have not had that issue.

9. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

Here are 2 of the 4 300 yd groups I shot today with the M.S. Chrono straped on.

image.jpg

10. CA48

CA48 Well-Known Member

11. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

Saving my pennies for a MS chorno. Should have it by Dec.