LRH SWARO BINO ADVICE PLEASE

Draftmule

As a big fan of 12 x 50 glass I am saving up gold nuggets for new Swarovski bino. Have owned Swaro 8 x 30s for decades but bigger have been Ziess and now well beat up. I am set on 12 x 50s but as i shop em I always wonder why Swaro 15 x 50s are universally cheaper than 12 x 50 Swarovski ? I guess it is what it is - but just wondering ?

You can definitely see it between the 12x and the pre HD 15x. The new HD are on par with the 12s. The 12s do have a field flattener in them so they look different some guys like some hate.

Can the average person see a quality difference in the 12X and the 15X?
I'm a cheap..... person and went down to Cabelas with the wife to compare binos, hoping the razor uhd would be my next pair. The ELs were the best to my eyes based on being able to clearly see the grain on the antlers in the back of the store. Obviously, not in depth testing, but for that test the ELs were better to me and worth the money over the uhd, slc and noctovids.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.