10X Bino Shopping Advice

If you have somewhere to compare some side by side (ie. Cabela's) I would check out the Meopta/Cabela's Euro HD. I know you seemed to cross them off your list earlier but they are worth a look. I was set on getting a pair of 12x50 razors and then compared the Meoptas to some at Cabela's and to my eyes the only pair I saw any noticeable difference was the Swaro EL's. I ended up finding a pair of the Meopta 12x50 elsewhere and I got those. I would narrow them down and find a way to test the front runners side by side. I was dead set on one pair and then ended up going a totally different direction based on what my eyes saw. Maybe this will help further complicate your decision...

If you have somewhere to compare some side by side (ie. Cabela's) I would check out the Meopta/Cabela's Euro HD. I know you seemed to cross them off your list earlier but they are worth a look. I was set on getting a pair of 12x50 razors and then compared the Meoptas to some at Cabela's and to my eyes the only pair I saw any noticeable difference was the Swaro EL's. I ended up finding a pair of the Meopta 12x50 elsewhere and I got those. I would narrow them down and find a way to test the front runners side by side. I was dead set on one pair and then ended up going a totally different direction based on what my eyes saw. Maybe this will help further complicate your decision...

Thanks for the added complications haha I hope to do some testing but the pair I'm most interested in (Kahles) is not stocked by the Cabelas near me.

This was written by a well respected writer.

Good Gear: Kershaw Blur Folder, Nikon Monarch 7 Binocs, Wiggy's Head Covers | Field & Stream

Nikon Monarch 7

This brand-new binocular costs $499 in a 10x42 version and $20 less in 8x42. I got a 10X model to fool with, and it is so good it leaves me somewhat unnerved. All the hardware is done right; the focusing is glassy smooth; the weight is only 23.6 ounces. I compared the Monarch 7 with four other binoculars whose prices ran from $700 on up to $2,400. The only binocular that was better, and not by a hell of a lot at that, was the one that cost $2K plus. It's deeply distressing to me that people of ordinary means can afford something of this quality, but there you are.

I've got $700 to spend with Midway, didn't think to get a cash refund on a return Whoops!
Anyway, I've been eyeballing the Trijicon HD 10x42 and have heard they're pretty high-end binos. They've got fluoride lenses, and are supposedly made by Meopta, etc.
Thoughts?

Well I ordered them and will let y'all know what I think and how they work out =)

Trijicon update

I got the binos this morning and have had some time to mess around with them and continue to be amazed by the image quality! Having never owned glass so nice, I'm mostly speechless.
I was a little disappointed by the eye cups and focus knob. Neither of them were as "crisp" as I was hoping for.

Re: Trijicon update

I got the binos this morning and have had some time to mess around with them and continue to be amazed by the image quality! Having never owned glass so nice, I'm mostly speechless.
I was a little disappointed by the eye cups and focus knob. Neither of them were as "crisp" as I was hoping for.

If you are still under return time I'd go get your hands on some other binos to compare. Eye cups are huge for me. Vortex and swaros were perfect, the alpines I had had to go b/c they did not fit my face at all.

If you are still under return time I'd go get your hands on some other binos to compare. Eye cups are huge for me. Vortex and swaros were perfect, the alpines I had had to go b/c they did not fit my face at all.

My Alpens were a pain until I discovered the eye cups needed to be twisted out one click for my eyes. Now they are fantastic.

My Alpens were a pain until I discovered the eye cups needed to be twisted out one click for my eyes. Now they are fantastic.

That wasn't the issue. The shape of their cups were too broad for my crossed eyes and high cheek bones.

What issues did you have with the eye cups? They can be adjusted out and Zeiss will also send a longer set if needed. They sent the extra set to me but so far I don't need them. I've not had any issues with mine.
Did they not fit your eyes or did you just read about the eye cup problem?
I just went through this last year and I ended up with the Zeiss 10x42 HD Conquests.

To me they were better than the overrated and more expensive Vortex binos and very hard to separate from the Cabelas(Meopta)HD's. The Zeiss were super clear edge to edge and had the most natural color. I didn't like the ergonomics of the Cabelas HD's and they had a bit warmer color to them. The Razors didn't compare in low light to these others and was able to eliminate them pretty quickly. They are severely overpriced IMHO.

Cabelas had a Club special that gave me 150.00 back in points so the Zeiss were a no brainer. My buddy has the Razors and we spent quite a bit of time checking them both out on our Elk hunt last year. He even agrees the Conquests are sharper. I'm glad I went with the Conquests.
Others mileage may vary.

I'd go somewhere that you can compare them side by side,back and forth like I did for a couple evenings. Low light right at dusk will show you the difference.

I'm having trouble finding/deciding on a new set of glasses for hunting and was hoping to get some advice.
I was seriously considering the Zeiss Conquest HDs, but the eye up problem just bothers me too much when considering how much buy-in is for them.
I'd prefer to stay in the <$1000 range. I plan to hunt with them in harness as well as off tripod.
I believe I've crossed the Zeiss off my list at this point.

What issues did you have with the eye cups? They can be adjusted out and Zeiss will also send a longer set if needed. They sent the extra set to me but so far I don't need them. I've not had any issues with mine.
Did they not fit your eyes or did you just read about the eye cup problem?
I just went through this last year and I ended up with the Zeiss 10x42 HD Conquests.

To me they were better than the overrated and more expensive Vortex binos and very hard to separate from the Cabelas(Meopta)HD's. The Zeiss were super clear edge to edge and had the most natural color. I didn't like the ergonomics of the Cabelas HD's and they had a bit warmer color to them. The Razors didn't compare in low light to these others and was able to eliminate them pretty quickly. They are severely overpriced IMHO.

Cabelas had a Club special that gave me 150.00 back in points so the Zeiss were a no brainer. My buddy has the Razors and we spent quite a bit of time checking them both out on our Elk hunt last year. He even agrees the Conquests are sharper. I'm glad I went with the Conquests.
Others mileage may vary.

I'd go somewhere that you can compare them side by side,back and forth like I did for a couple evenings. Low light right at dusk will show you the difference.

I'd never pay retail this day and age. My razors were 850ish if I remember correctly.

Its the shape of the eye cups, they are a large cylinder vs vortex (and others) cone shaped eye cups.

I don't have a lot to compare to, but I felt extra confident that had I crossed an elk shed with my 10x razors at several hundred yrds I would be able to clearly identify it. Another huge selling point is their warranty, I'd hate to break $1k glass and be up the creek when dealing w/ the company.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.