LRH board member EddyBo has passed away.

ol mike

Eddybo passed away unexpectedly ,he was a long range shooter and amateur gunsmith.

He lived near McComb ,Ms. I think , he had a 1,000 yard shooting range and welcomed anybody with an interest to come and shoot with him.

Mike

Paul Guy , I believe.
He spent a lot of time at 24hrfire.
He knew his stuff and passed it along to many folks and was a true LRH..
Mike

Here is the funeral info in case anyone is interested...

Visitation Wednesday 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Jones Family Funeral Home.
Visitation Thursday 9:00 am to 11:00 am at Jones Family Funeral Home.
Funeral at 11:00 am at Jones Family Funeral Home.

Jones Family Funeral Home
905 Park Dr.
McComb, MS 39648

Burial following at Union Primitive Baptist Church.

Union Primitive Baptist Church
3970 SE Primitive Dr
Ruth, MS 39662

Instead of flowers, they are asking that donations be made to Break-Away Outdoors in honor of Paul "EddyBo" Guy.
Break-Away Outdoors

Spoke to Mr Eddybo a few times. He helped me a lot. I understand he a passion for teaching, helping anyone at any time. Hate to hear of people like that leaving us.

So sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed what he posted over the years. He will be missed.

May God be with Paul , his family and friends at such a sorrowful time.

Jeff

I will miss Paul very much. He built me my long range rifle and taught me every thing I know about the sport. Didn't charge me anything for his labor. To me he was an amateur gunsmith only in the sense that he didn't charge for his labor.

He was a really great person. He also built me a rifle and didn't charge anything. He was a great Representative of long range shooting.

I'm saddened.

I appreciated his posts and learned good things.

His good character is reflected in his posts.

He'll be missed but not forgotten.

Some of you who are close to him may yet get a bit of a hand from him.

Yeah ole eddybo was laid to rest today. As I was leaving the grave site I was thinking that eddybo is looking down on all of his friends and family and saying "heres some snow, maybe yall idiots will get outa this weather and go inside and eat, drink, be merry and celebrate and for god's sake GO SHOOT SOMETHING!"

I wish I could say I was closer to eddybo and his family but I can say that I have never met a more generous person! I hate that many folks never got to meet him! His passing was like he was a brother to me and I didn't actually meet him in person until 2010. I wish I would have taken him up more often when he'd invite me over to use his annealing machine or his dies for our 338s. We never did go shoot @ a mile like we had talked about but maybe we will one day when we meet up there at those pearly gates!

very sad to hear great guy with a lot of info that he was more than willing to pass on. I have one of his guns and its a great shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.