LRH bad influence.

Utah Shotgunner

You folks are a bad influence. A friend pointed me at this site a while back.

Other than occassional plinking I hadn't shot a rifle seriously in 5-7 years. All of my shooting budget had been switched over to side by side shotguns and bird hunting.

In the last few weeks I have purchased two rifles a couple of barrels and have been searching out gunsmiths. One rifle, a Savage with AccuTrigger is chambered in .308. As it turned out, my loaded ammo from a few years ago wouldn't chamber in this rifle. I pulled it all down and pulled the cover off my Dillon 650 to full length size and re-load this ammo.

What a surprise I had to find that the 650 was still set up for this EXACT same load I had just pulled down. I sold the M1A that this ammo was loaded for in 2001(!) to buy a shotgun.

I can already tell this is going to be expensive and time consuming, 'cause I haven't given up on the shotguns!

I think I will put in for my first big game tag in many years!

Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike

US,
I think I can speak for most here: Your Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Glad to hear you are getting into a very enjoyable (can be costly) aspect of the shooting/hunting sport.

[ QUOTE ]
US,
I think I can speak for most here: Your Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Glad to hear you are getting into a very enjoyable (can be costly) aspect of the shooting/hunting sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

xphunter,

Getting BACK into this expensive hobby! Though I never used my rifles for LRH, limiting myself for perceived ethical issues. (I am NOT opening that topic, just commenting.)

I was also eyeballing the XP's and Contenders (from my metallic silhouette days) in my safe the other night, and wondering what I could do with them..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was also eyeballing the XP's and Contenders (from my metallic silhouette days) in my safe the other night, and wondering what I could do with them.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about anything you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The question is, what would you like to accomplish with a specialty handgun?
That is one of my favorite questions to ask.
Glad to hear you have XP's. Yes, I prefer them hands down when customized.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.