Chipotle Mexican Grill Caves to PETA Influence

dirtball

Chipotle Mexican Grill Caves to PETA Influence​

March 17, 2008​

Fast casual restaurant Chipotle Mexican Grill has given in to the demands of anti-hunting group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

The agreement between the two groups states that Chipotle will give chicken suppliers with more humane killing practices purchasing preference for the restaurants. The preference will be given to suppliers that use inert gasses to put the birds to sleep before killing them.

According to a statement by PETA, Denver-based Chipotle has been in discussions with the group on this issue for nearly a year. PETA had been backing a 2008 shareholder meeting resolution about the guidelines, but after coming to terms with the company, the group has withdrawn the resolution.

And Political Correctness marches on, I wonder how KFC does it, when I was a kid we did it with a hatchet.
DB

when I was a kid we did it with a hatchet.
DB

Talk about cruel and inhumane, several times as a kid I tried to wring a chicken's neck. Apparently, one needs to swing the ckicken a sufficeint speed to separate the vertabate and if one doesn't you just make the chicken dizzy and it flops around on the ground a few seconds and then tries to run off staggering like it is drunk.

I lived on a farm until I was 16 and I got good at wringing their necks, I could do two at once. I have to admit it took both hands to do a Turkey, Its hard to get them swinging because the put those wings out and try to scratch you, but once you get them moving the momentum will pop off the head leaving it in your hand, They don't run around as much as the chickens do. Oh my wife says if PETA reads this they might boycott my business, but thats OK I could show them the trophy mounts on my walls.

Would rather not suffocate from inert gases, myself! I too lived on a farm. Chopping block was my fav....except when our young cousins from the city came out. Then we showed them how to snap the necks ;)
We chopped the heads off of turkey's till we found if you use a small blade to split the brain, the feathers would pretty near fall out.....of course there was the odd one that didn't quite work. Can you picture a naked 25 lb turkey running through a foot of snow in November-with a couple of 12 yr old kids trying to catch it!!!! YYYEEEEE-HHHAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!

archdlx

Peta

When I was a kid we used to string up a dozen birds by one foot and use a Jack Knife thru the open bill to cut into their brain. This way you killed and bled them in one operation

Last edited:
I can remember my Aunt would catch a chicken and step on it's head and pull! Seperating the head from the body,then let it flop.Then we'd have fried chicken for lunch! yum yum LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.