'loper hunt with XP-100R

MTGunner

I drew an antelope tag for my home state of MT this coming season. I will use my XP-100R in 260AI with 107SMK loads that have been very effective in the past on deer and antelope. I am very fortunate as the tags have been reduced dramatically. Looking forward to a fun hunt. MTG

Went to the range this AM to shoot prone. My 107 SMK load is great out to 300 yds. Our range is only 300 yds. so will have to go west of the Flathead river soon to shoot to 500 yds. Looking forward to upcoming season. MTG

Good luck on your hunt I'm in the process of planning one for next year. I had one in 7BR that would stack them in one hole at 100 yards.

That sounds like a shooter .Keep us posted on how the hunt go's. I'm taking my XP in 6.5 BR to MT for mule deer. I'M taking a rifle but if I can get within 150yrds I might try the pistol.

Congrates for drawing a lope tag in your home state.
Here in Oregon unless you are very very lucky it takes 14 years to get a tag for an Antelope tag.
Good luck on your hunt!

I was very fortunate to draw each tag, elk "B", breaks country, and an antelope either sex tag for the 700 zone in MT. The 700 zone has reduced tags to 3000 with no doe/fawn tags. I drew an antelope tag two yrs. ago and took a mature but small 14" buck. I will have more time this year and can spend more time to look, hunt and perhaps find a good 15" or better buck. My XP-100R has accounted for four Montana antelope thus far. It has accounted for numerous white tail and mule deer. Hope you guys get the tags you dream of in the future. MTG

Congrats on your hunt. I'm a bit jealous as drawing lopes in Idaho is almost impossible due to the small number allowed. I have never drawn in 25 years, until this year for antlered deer... And I'm going to take my 308 and xp100 chambered in 7mm IHMSA just in case I can get a shot inside 250 yards.

Wishing you the best of luck and be sure to post your results if you are able to bag one!

James

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.