XP-100R 260 Build

Discussion in 'Specialty Handgun Hunting' started by Sharpshooter243, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Sharpshooter243

Sharpshooter243 Well-Known Member

Over the next few weeks I will be putting this thread together to show my first specialty pistol/ custom build.
    Back in June I purchased this stock XP-100R on gunbroker.com
    I never shot it just started to piece it out. Here is what it looked like when I picked it up from transfer dealer. [​IMG]
    I sold the stock after I made a visit to PDC Custom here in Michigan to discuss having a stock made that would accept Accuracy International magazines.
    Then I contacted McGowen Precision Barrel to have a 18" Douglas #8 contour barrel made with a 1 in 8.5" twist(wanted a 8" but I screwed up when I e-mailed order).
    I am duracoating the barrel tomorrow will post pics when it is finished

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Sharpshooter243

Here is a pic of the duracoated barreled action hung up to dry. Sorry for the quality it is a cell phone picture
    [​IMG]

3. Sharpshooter243

The duracoat dried so I attached the EGW 20moa base and mocked up the IOR that will hopefully help the bullets fly in a nice tight group.[​IMG]
    Now all that is left is to wait for a call saying that the stock is finished... Any thoughts on the progress?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  4. Ernie

Ernie <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Very nice.
    Looks like you will have lots of fun with that.
    What uses do you have in mind for it?

5. Sharpshooter243

I plan to use it for hunting and paper punching. My big plan though is to have a 1000yd pistol...not sure if this one will do it but as soon as I find the wide open space I want to try it.

6. Sharpshooter243

received a phone call confirming some details on my stock and that he was about to start on it the wait is almost over.....this is killing me.