Looking for some help with the 7mm wsm

Batchelor

Thank you guys for any help, I have just bought a Winchester model 70 coyote in a 7mm wsm and will be hunting whitetails from 500 yards in. I hunt on a power line and was needing some help with reloading bullets and powder that works best. thank you for any help that you are willing to help me with. gun)

I use 70grains retumbo and 168gr. Berger vld hunters. .5 moa or better depending on me. Also been trying out the nosler long range accubonds same load .7 moa . Both laods use win brass and cci mag primers

For 500 yards and in the 160 grain Nosler Accubond is hard to beat. It is fairly easy to load for and I had good luck with powders from 4831 to Ramshot Magnum in burn rates. I finally settled on the 180 berger in mine with a fairly stiff load of 7828.

Retumbo, and fed 215 primers in mine running 168 bergers. This has been a deadly combination for elk, mulies, and whitetail over the last few years. I've killed elk and deer at ranges of 75- 750 yards with the same result each time...DRT!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.