HELP!! Looking for 7mm STW Brass

I am also a fellow 7mm STW shooter. I just recieved an email from Natchezss that they have some Remington brass in stock.

It would be nice if Federal would also put this brass out.

I just ordered 100 From Arms Ammo Discount Supplier as Dean25-06 sugested. Not too bad of a price. They didn't indicate that they were out of stock. We'll see when the stuff will arive.

Dan

Man, I am in the same boat with you and there isn't any brass anywhere right now. I did find some factory loads at a local gun store getting gid of some old stock and I bought the last 2 boxes they had, 1 box of 140gr. Remington CL and 1 box of Winchester 150gr. PP. I guess I was fortunate to find it and I bought it. The store owner said that they had 7 boxes at one time and I got the last 2, would have bought all 7 boxes if I could.
I am going to check with Remington every month and hopefully they will make some soon, but they told my brother that they were out of the 7STW brass business. I hope that's wrong, but maybe they will have a run of 8mmRM brass soon and I will be buying a couple a 100 if I can get them.
FElightbulb

I am also a fellow 7mm STW shooter. I just recieved an email from Natchezss that they have some Remington brass in stock.

It would be nice if Federal would also put this brass out.

I just remembered why I don't do business with Natchez, they don't ship to Alabama. What in the world is up with that? The website does say they have some 7stw brass in stock available unless you live in LA - (lower Alabama)
FE

Fred

That really sucks. You are so close to them too. Hopefully some others will have it in stock soon if they currently have it.

I did pick up some brass a few weeks ago at a shop near me. They had 5 pieces of Winchester and about 47 pieces of Remington. I was suprised that they had some, so I bought all of it.

dang sweet finds people, i did talk to remington about them still making brass, all they told me was we have discontinued the production at this time. so who knows, but ill be ordering 50 this afternoon.

- Matt

Fred

That really sucks. You are so close to them too. Hopefully some others will have it in stock soon if they currently have it.

I did pick up some brass a few weeks ago at a shop this one near me. They had 5 pieces of Winchester and about 47 pieces of Remington. I was suprised that they had some, so I bought all of it.

You won't believe this, a hunting friend called Natchez and he ordered us some brass and had it shipped to Fla. To his daughters house. We thought we had it figured out, but they called back and cancelled the order and said they couldn't bill to AL. either.
I think George Soros and the Obama administration must have some say in this one. That beats all I have ever seen and terrible for business, but I guess they don't need our business in AL.. They don't have to worry because they will not get a good reference from us here.
If I were a betting man, I bet it has to do with- you guessed it- TAXES!
FElightbulb

Man, I am in the same boat with you and there isn't any brass anywhere right now. I did find some factory loads at a local gun store getting gid of some old stock and I bought the last 2 boxes they had, 1 box of 140gr. Remington CL and 1 box of Winchester 150gr. PP. I guess I was fortunate to find it and I bought it. The store owner said that they had 7 boxes at one time and I got the last 2, would have bought all 7 boxes if I could.
I am going to check with Remington every month and hopefully they will make some soon, but they told my brother that they were out of the 7STW brass business. I hope that's wrong, but maybe they will have a run of 8mmRM brass soon and I will be buying a couple a 100 if I can get them.
FElightbulb

Hey Fred, those 150 PP winchesters usually shoot pretty good. I realize you bought them for the brass, ( been there , done that) , but some of those that I bought years ago shot pretty well. I would use them as sighters when I was testing or sighting in . Then,I had once fired brass, but I noticed that they were pretty accurate, and fast too! Just wanted to throw that out to ya'. Glad that you found some brass though! Take care.
AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7 STWlightbulb

Hey Fred, those 150 PP winchesters usually shoot pretty good. I realize you bought them for the brass, ( been there , done that) , but some of those that I bought years ago shot pretty well. I would use them as sighters when I was testing or sighting in . Then,I had once fired brass, but I noticed that they were pretty accurate, and fast too! Just wanted to throw that out to ya'. Glad that you found some brass though! Take care.
AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7 STWlightbulb

I will definely shoot them to see what happens, I have killed a bunch of stuff in the past with Winchester factory loads, those PP work good in a regular rifle like a 30-06. The 7stw usually isn't picky with what it will eat, but a regular bullet seems to tare up quick with the high velocity it can produce.
Thanks for the heads up.
FElightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.