7mm stw brass

farmerjon

Does anyone know where i can buy brass for a 7mm stw? I bought this model 700 from a friend about six years ago and was told the original owner couldn't get it to shoot factory loads, he bought a fluted barrel for it and still had no success. The guy i bought it from worked up a load and it shot pretty well. Unfortunately I don't get to see him much anymore so my gun sat for a while, Ive just acquired an rcbs kit and need to get some brass so i can start shooting it again. Im also open for any advice on reloading techniques.
Thanks

Yeah a lot of thread titles are not adequate to find the data with the search feature. Keep that in mind when you start up a thread. Makes it easier for everyone to find the great data on here. Some threads just get hi-jacked and go a different direction then the OP intended. LOL Life of the internet forum. Do a lot of different searches on the reloading stuff and there is all kinds of data from the start to the extreme technical.

Look here for STW Brasss Availability info.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/7stw-168-bergers-160-fail-safes-wow-86413/

Brass should not be that hard to find Remington still sells it as do other manufactures.

Also if you run across some 8mm rem mag brass it works great.

As far as loads I found the H5010 or 50 bmg works well with 140 to 160 bullets.

IMR 7828 was developed for the STW and works well in some rifles.

For extreme range the Ballistic Tips work great so do the Accubonds. But at close range (3 or 400
yards) the partitions do good because of the high velocity.

For paper almost any bullet will work.

J E CUSTOM

I'm selling 99 rounds in a hard carry case for 200. All were virgin shells this is the first reload. . Make an offer as I sold the gun and can't use them anymore. Call me 5708771506 we can make a deal

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.