looking for a scope for savage 10 BA

hello, i bought a new Savage model 10 BA on friday and im looking for a scope to put on it. the dealer says that the channel on the rail system is designed for a 42 mm scope.. can anyone confirm this? I want to find a scope that fits in there if it is just so i can get it down closer to the barrel. I will be using this gun for shooting up to 1000 or so yards if I can get myself to shoot that well. also will be used for short to long range hunting, preferably ffp and illuminated would be nice!

I had a 5x20 50mm Trijicon on mine sitting on low rings. Sat nice and low, just right. I eventually took the rail off and went with a 40 MOA Farrell base with std Farrell .835 standard rings. I max out elevation at 1180 yards now, before I ran out at about 600 yards and some change. Looks better without the rail too. Your going to carry that heavy pig hunting???

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.