Looking for a good rifle

Wow, there are some good information here. You won't go wrong with anything that's been said. My input would be to spend a little more money and get yourself a nice rifle and scope. Something that you enjoy holding in your hands and looking at. Really is art when you buy something with pretty wood.

There are many good options for ladies out there. Camilla's can be pricey.
My wife is pretty small/petite and comfortably shoots "man sized" rifles. Most rifles are dimensioned to comfortably accomodate all sizes of folks.
There are some very good shooting rifles made today that can be had for under $800.
Browning X-bolt/A-Bolt
Ruger American
Weatherby Vanguard
Remington model 7

This being said, I would go to some local gun shops and find ones that feel right when you shoulder them.

As far as cartridges for deer: .243, 7mm-08, 25-06, and 6.5 creedmoor all fit the bill well with plenty of horsepower and manageable recoil. The 6.5 Creedmoor would be an ideal for the ladies IMO.

There are many good options for ladies out there. Camilla's can be pricey.
My wife is pretty small/petite and comfortably shoots "man sized" rifles. Most rifles are dimensioned to comfortably accomodate all sizes of folks.
There are some very good shooting rifles made today that can be had for under $800.
Browning X-bolt/A-Bolt
Ruger American
Weatherby Vanguard
Remington model 7

This being said, I would go to some local gun shops and find ones that feel right when you shoulder them.

As far as cartridges for deer: .243, 7mm-08, 25-06, and 6.5 creedmoor all fit the bill well with plenty of horsepower and manageable recoil. The 6.5 Creedmoor would be an ideal for the ladies IMO.
Vanguard® Camilla™
Rated 4.95 out of 5 based on 33customer ratings
(33 customer reviews)
$899.00

Vanguard® Compact Hunter
$759.00

From Weatherby's site, that's MSRP

A quick search using gun genie yielded this in my area!!!

HAWKTECH ARMS, INC Your Price: $802.50 for the Camila!!!!

Wow! I am impressed! Not one single young man asked "Hi where are you from?"!

Whats wrong with you guys!!! She might have a bass boat too!
She also didn't say she was on here looking for a man... or that she was single.🥴
She is seeking advise on a new rifle.

In all seriousness, as much as I cringe to say this, the 6.5CM is perfect all around cartridge. Managed recoil, accurate, ammo available and wide selection of rifles.

Edit added: for the OP!!!

There I said it.

Wow! I am impressed! Not one single young man asked "Hi where are you from?"!

Whats wrong with you guys!!! She might have a bass boat too!
Really say something like that about a young hunter/shooter looking for advice????

If it was a young man 18 years old would you ask where he is located or single gals to respond ????

Maybe that is why younger women don't post on this forum. This isn't EHarmony or Match.
I would think that LRH members are better than this.

Jill & Len

My wife shoots a 7-08 in the Lady Savage, and loves it. When I researched for her rifle, I found little difference between the Weatherby and the Savage. It shoots less then MOA.

Also, go to the "Women Who Hunt" on facebook. There's a lot of wellspoken and outspoken women there. No BS.

Recent Posts