looking for a canada moose outfitter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by midwesthunter, Jan 24, 2012.

1. midwesthunter

midwesthunter Well-Known Member

Looking for a place to moose hunt in canada. No real preference in what provinince. If not for this year next.

2. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

How Hardcore are you thinking? Northern B.C, or Yukon Moose are about as good as they come. You can have ATV, hike in, horse back or riverboat hunts. My prefrence would be the riverboat. There are also alot of options for combo hunts in northern B.C. Moose/Wolf are common I think. Being from Canada Im all about DIY oportunity hunts as there is lots of options. Look at the Fort St.John area. Ill ask around in the next couple days as there are lots of outfitters up here.

3. North61

North61 Member

NFLD has great moose density. They were introduced and no real natural predators. Here in the Yukon we have the biggest moose and great wild country. That's two spots for you. No idea about guides as I am a resident hunter.

4. midwesthunter

midwesthunter Well-Known Member

Don't US residence have to go through a outfitter to hunt in Canada? As for yukon, would love to hunt them. Were looking to spend around $5000 on the hunt. Looking for good area with good bulls.

5. yama49

yama49 Well-Known Member